2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

If they go to uni in Limerick or Galway or Dublin or wherever, and they see a future in that city for them, as many many students do, they should absolutely be allowed to transfer and play club there, yes.

So people who move to other places for their future should be allowed moved to clubs in that area?

The GAA definitely should look into this

Would you say the same if he decided to play for Dublin?

You’re just being silly.

One of us is alright

I’d be pissed off, but hey ho. If he wanted to play for Dublin, why should anyone stand in his way? It’s an amateur sport in a free country.

The optics look brutal for Walsh. Basically go back to his own club when he is finished.

You’re advocating a financial transfer system, not sure that’s amateur

1 Like

Tell my why exactly a young lad who goes away to uni for four years, and decides he likes Galway for instance, and wants to stay there for the summer, shouldn’t be free to transfer and play an amateur hobby there?

No I’m not.

Be great if you could stay with your club and switch counties. Their would be some movement. Might actually improve the game.

I agree he should be allowed play for Dublin if he moves to Kilmacud. I don’t think he should be able to pick and choose about if he wants to play for where he’s from or where he lives and shouldn’t play for Galway if he transfers

You’re describing a system where a lad moves to a place sets up home for 12 months a year and wishes to play there.

Pretty sure that exists mate

Suddenly the same lads ok with this would have a big problem with it

You are. Because you’re a damn fool if you don’t think that won’t include financial payments.

College mate. Because Galway City basically doesnt have a Gaa club scene.

So the gaa don’t have specific rules about university as stated above?

That’s your opinion and this is mine. The real strength of the GAA is it’s geographical commitments under the parish rule and it’s something they should try and maintain.

If a player wants to play with a county team then the board should actively encourage him to stay with his club, especially now where he only has a short time commitment to them.

If it’s too stressful to travel for 2 months then it’s obviously impossible to play County the other 8 months. I’d be all for the GAA trying to help such players with mileage during this club season. I’m sure most rural clubs would also contribute to make sure any player is not left out of pocket if they ask nicely.

1 Like

It basically does mate.

1 Like

Someone in university is living in the area for education purposes only and will return to his home for the remainder of the year. It’s not his primary home

If a man is living somewhere and has made his home there he can transfer there.

1 Like