2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

And I think a person should be allowed to play their amateur hobby wherever they want, though to avoid incidents, an intra-county transfer should be discouraged. It wouldn’t be half as big an issue as you seem to think. GAA lads claiming the strength of parish loyalty, and then terrified to actually check it out :person_shrugging:
I think club and parish loyalty is far stronger than you seem to think.

1 Like

Did you go to university?
There were loads of people who went to uchg to study, but ended up staying for the year.

Yes

that’s to the split season if a player gets a two month injury he can miss his entire club championship.

Shane Walsh hasn’t played for his club this year and it’s august.

If he gets offered help with his rent in Dublin or whatever it’s an absolute no brainer. It’s only for a few weeks a season thanks to the split season.

I believe Shane has played some club league games this season has he not?

It is now but if you can transfer without any taboo it eventually becomes acceptable and widespread. There’s a reason there’s a GAA club in every parish in Ireland and most of them continue to thrive while other sports don’t in a lot of those areas

If you went somewhere nice like galway, you’d realise that lots of students don’t go home for the summers.

Shane hasn’t done much wrong here, transfers hapoen and much worse ones than this. People shouldn’t get so worked up with him.

Crokes however have behaved despicably and should be examined

2 Likes

Yes and they’re allowed to transfer GAA clubs if they wish

I disagree. I can only use the example of rugby, but you could transfer anywhere you wanted, and it just didn’t happen. I think people are afraid of the boogeyman here.

1 Like

He has done wrong, just because a load of Laois lads did it back in the day doesn’t make it ok

How many are lots? How many of these are club GAA players? How many would transfer?

He hasn’t really. The ship sailed on all this some time ago. Transfer happen. The fact that Dublin clubs are allowed do what they do is the problem.

People won’t have the same connection to their areas going forward. If your living in An area and your parents are from separate areas what connection do you actually have with that area?

The church is done and rural pubs are dying out. Many things that make up a parish are gone.

Even know it seems more common that kids aren’t going to schools in their parish. There is probably going to be less schools than before too.

You could be gone to college at 18 and the only reason your going back is to play a gaa game.

Lads are living in fantasy land if they can’t see it.

I[quote=“myboyblue, post:1574, topic:35798, full:true”]

How many are lots? How many of these are club GAA players? How many would transfer?
[/quote]

I’d say of the GAA cohort studying in any university less than 1% stay there for the summer or other holidays.

That seems to be a grey area. It shouldn’t even be an issue. Why should it be any business of some random gaa committee deciding where a young person’s primary residence is?

It happens plenty in rugby

Parish rule.

Exactly my point mate.

I’m pretty sure the person themselves decides where their primary residence is