2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

There is a 600 square mile area centred around Mountbellew with no Supermacs. It covers Glenamaddy, Williamstown, Kilkerrin, Ballymacward, and so on. It’s what makes this such a wonderful part of the world. It’s deer and woodcock country, and every family has at least one over and under left in the closet. McDonagh knows his life isn’t worth attempting to open one of his grease box shit holes there. So, he sticks to south Galway kips like Loughrea, Craughwell and Gort.

14 Likes

Beautifully put :heart:

Lads on here arguing for a split season deemed it perfectly acceptable that shane Walsh was not seen inside the gates of his club from December to august are now in a huff he’s taking his business elsewhere for two months.

You reap what you sow lads.

The split season will end the clubs. There’ll be a few super clubs in every county and that’ll be it thanks to the split season.

Did Shane Walsh tog out for his club in 2022?

Bar a few token werks in April county players were not near their clubs until September/October in Dublin/Mayo players cases with replays etc so nothing has changed.

1 Like

Everything has changed thanks to the round robin/super eights shite we’ve to endure and now the split season.

But pre split season All Ireland football in 2017 went to a replay. Finished in October. Dublin and Mayo championship ran off in a blitz format. You want to go back to that?

Mate, can you confirm if Shane lined out for his club this year?

John Costello IIRC. Scored a cracker of a goal in the 94 Munster final.

2 Likes

No because I’d get rid of the league so id be opening up three more months of the season.

I also know Dublin run very good club leagues which are taken more seriously than most counties leagues.

Tyrone who are a proper gaa county have a straight out knock out championship too.

Mate?

I also see Mayo aren’t starting their club championship until early September despite getting knocked out in late June by Kerry.

I guess there hanging around for lads to return from holidays and J1s to give clubs a fair craic in September.

Wow.

Yeah whatever with their lip service to hurling. You really haven’t a clue.

1 Like

A monumental Ooooft to Fat Pat. There’ll be a hoist needed to lift him off the floor. A splendid evisceration of himself and his “tasty chicken sangige” enterprise.

I’m listening mbb…you are not alone

I know plenty of avid hurling fans from Tyrone. They’ve been left behind by croke park who’ve done nothing to play the game of Hurling Around Ireland.

Thanks Mossy, that means a lot.

I’m sure I saw you complaining earlier that a club player with a minor injury could miss his entire championship with the round robin format played over 6 weeks. A club player with a 24 hour bug could miss his entire championship in Tyrone.

4 Likes

They take the leagues more seriously in Tyrone as has been well documented on here. Likewise in Kerry and Dublin.

In many counties the league is largely an irrelevance which obviously isn’t ideal either.