2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Clubs play a load of their league fixtures without their county players. It’s still a decent chance for a fight so there is good interest but in Tyrone as elsewhere the championship is what matters. Tyrone have an appalling record in the provincial club championship as well, I’d not be copying anything they do.

I won’t lie I’ve little interest in the club championships nowadays.

Obviously every so often you get great stories that’ll catch my eye particularly at the lower grades but spare me trying to say cuala v Ballygunner or na piarisgh is a real representation of club gaa.

They are merely super clubs where the majority of clubs in their counties can’t compete with. I’d say ballygunner are doing more harm than good in Waterford.

Like in Munster cork, Clare and tipp will be an irrelevance when it comes to the club hurling championship. Probably relying on nap not slipping up in Limerick to challenge ballygunner.

While obviously you aren’t going to have inter county players for every club game I do think strong leagues would benefit clubs.

Friday night leagues where everyone knows in a parish their will be a game in the pitch every second weekend for the season can help grow a club. Now refs become a problem but i definitely think it’s good for the clubs if the league was taken more seriously.

Everything @BruidheanChaorthainn has said about the Tyrone championship he has plagiarised from the dear departed @Il_Bomber_Destro

2 Likes

Everyone needs heroes.

One of my closest friends is from carrickmore and is stone mad into hurling.

One guy being into hurling is indicative of the strong passion for hurling in the county as a whole alright

1 Like

I know how tough it is for them to keep going and I’m more Aware than most how they’ve been forgotten about by the lads down south.

Ah lads :smiley:

Why don’t you just keep replying Carlow with a Smiley face?

It was really amusing.

1 Like

Mayo didn’t start their league until June 5th. 7 games only. What sort of a format is that at all?

Dublin’s 15 game leagues began in February, though that’s too soon.

It really took off there for a while, got a nice post and all out of it.

I thought you’d gotten better with the lies, but yet here we are, more lies.

I’m not sure tbh but maybe outside a handful of clubs the majority of clubs in Mayo are fairly rural and struggle to field teams? I presume that’s why they keep their championship till September anyway.

Ul was full of Mayo club footballers and i remember they were fairly die hard about it.

Peter lambert played with Nemo for years and won an all Ireland club with them.

1 Like

This is Division 1 in Mayo I’m talking about. Any county worth it’s salt should have a club Division 1 with a 15 game programme. Ideally you’d start it around late March running through to the end of August with championship to follow on.

The Dublin football league ran from February 11th to July 15th. (15 games).

The Dublin hurling league ran from February 27th to July 9th (15 games).

Tyrone’s league (15 games) started May 20th.

Sounds good to me

Hundreds of posts… Are you lot still arguing about the free just after the Comer turnover?

1 Like

You’ll be happy to note the Box Office Industries Armagh SFC is gone back to straight knockout this year I believe starting on September 11th.

Cross will surely do it again with Clarke back in the fold to give Rian O’Neill a hand.

1 Like

Great news.

What’s the rule about players returning from the US? Is there a 30 day cooling off period or something where they can’t play?

When exactly are these players expected back?

Who won that game you linked to the other night? I looked in at the end of the normal time but forgot to hang around for the extra time. Seemed to be a few Armagh lads on one team and Mayo lads on the other.

The kings are back on their throne, there’s nothing left to discuss

Rian will be back in plenty time don’t worry. Clarke might feck off again though. He’s a bit of a maverick.

The Ulster boys won 2-21 to 2-20 AET the other night. Rian O’Neill, Connaire Macken, Meyler, McKernan, Ceilum Doherty and Dylan Ward from Kilcoo were all on that team. Matthew Ruane, Eoghan McLoughlin, some Paul Towey fella from Mayo and Gavin Burke from Corofin were all on the losing side.

Harlem Globetrotters stuff.

1 Like