2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Mayo keep the club championship till September when the tourist trade has died down, Reek Sunday is over and Aidan O’Shea is back from holidays.

2 Likes

Yerman Towey scored 1-17 or something

He did.

There are calls for him to start for Mayo next year on the back of it. Normally nobody outside Canton or San Fran hears a thing about what goes on over there but the ‘split season’ has left a little vacuum these weekends. cc @Cheasty @BruidheanChaorthainn

He played for UL this year. Saw him twice. Didn’t think he was up to much.

He will probably fall into the category of very good club corner forwards who don’t cut it at inter county.

By god Mayo have had a mountain of those.

Austin O Malley , Mikey Conroy, Mark Ronaldson, Enda Varley…

1 Like

The Mort

1 Like

:joy:They still didn’t win an All-Ireland without him. Don’t forget Fat Larry in this condemnation.

You mightnt win it with me, but you sure as fuck wont win it without me.

A great retort from the Mort.

1 Like

On the whole transferring thing, have we a full list of mercenaries that bought into the Parnells project?

1. Conor Mortimor.
  2. Colm Parkinson
  3. Colm Begley
  4. Darren Rooney
  5. Johnny Murtagh (Armagh)
  6. MJ Tierney
  7. Andrew Shore

Anyone able to find a teamsheet from around the 2011-2014 era?

How are Parnells these days? Were they completely bled dry?

There weren’t the only crowd. I remember going to a QF around that time and Syls had 5 forwards who that summer had played inter county with someone apart from Dublin. No real big hitters but IC lads none the less.

They also had a few Kerry lads as well.

The hurling has folded as far as I know. They were senior A at one stage. The footballers are sen B/inter. @Spidey would answer that one.

Round Towers had 2 or 3 Laois county players once upon a time, money changing hands again, and Clubs left high and dry. Shur you couldnt begrudge the players (as is the usual refrain), but you’d have to wonder who is or was running these clubs.

1 Like

Given the characters involved like Mortimor, Parkinson and Cluxton, Parnell’s would make a great documentary as a sequel to the Ballymun Kickhams one.

Imagine listening to Mortimer shiteing on about Liverpool while togging out in the dressing room before training. He’d give Anadin a headache.

2 Likes

Have you been a dressing room recently?

Anyone hazard a guess on the likes of superclubs like Crokes “net spend”?

They were getting half a million off BOI in recent years in sponsorship. Presume the Beacon are stumping up a similar amount.

Thats a good start anyway. Would they be more united or LFC?

They’re hanging on in Senior B. Theyre in a playoff to win AFL 3 league so there’s a kick in them

1 Like

That’s more than the vast majority of co boards.

For all their money/academys/structures they’ve only produced two all stars in recent times. Mannion and Rory O Carroll. A poor return. Their most prolific hurlers have also been blow ins.

1 Like