2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Laois overindexing there. And it only a handy trip down the road. It must be some kip

1 Like

Did Cian O’Sullivan never get an All Star?

They are a little like Ballygunner in that they produce a whole load of very good players but not many out and out superstars.

Sorry. I’m fairly sure he did.

1 Like

I would not hold that as a stick to beat any club. Producing very good players would be defined as a success by most standards.

1 Like

God be with the halcyon days when every superclub in Dublin were fighting over, and flinging money at any young Laois chap with an All Ireland minor medal.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t either.

Its gas the way some lads basically give out about Ballygunner in particular saying they do nothing for Waterford, as if winning Munster and All Ireland’s Club was childs-play.

1 Like

He’d have won more if he ever actually marked anyone.

:rofl::rofl: people talk about Goochs great performance in the first half of 2013 semi final … then Cian o Sullivan was put on him for second half … the end.

2 Likes

There’s a lot more to it than just that.

There’s a natural filtration process that takes place at super clubs.

If a child isn’t making the first grade he might try something else to play.

At the end of the day only 15 players can start.

We had something similar in Limerick a decade or so ago when all the best young hurlers were going to ard scoil ris and we were picking minor teams off tiny pools.

If ballygunnar have a massive area to pick they probably aren’t doing much for Waterford particularly when no other club can compete with them in Waterford.

1 Like

…or more that Brennan was taken off him…

Kevin Nolan also

1 Like

Aindreas Doyle from Wexford too.

1 Like

Have they let Cluxton play centre forward yet

Centre back :joy:

1 Like

Its not Ballygunner’s fault though.

What are they supposed to do?

Think he’s playing Division 8 football with their second or third team this year.

Story goes that they were playing a League match and Cluxton was due to play at 6, togged out and all. Then no ref turned up so both clubs just agreed to play it as a challenge. Cluxton wasn’t happy about it and went home.

Nobody said it’s their fault but to have so many players in one club is not beneficial.

I’ve read on here they pick from a massive portion of Waterford city. I would wonder was there ever any other club in the area that pulled from their catchment area.

How will it be resolved? You’d imagine clubs around Waterford will join up to try and compete.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy calls them Sylmacud

2 Likes

It will resolve itself when Soky/Coughlan/older Mahony’s start to slip and they’ll be turned over in Waterford.

Same thing happened Dublin/Kilkenny/Crossmaglen. Nothing lasts forever.

1 Like

Crossmaglens dominance would have outlasted many players entire careers.

I’m not overly familiar with the background to cross but I had in my head they didn’t totally and utterly dominate the underage divisions either despite dominating the senior grade.

Corofin won three All Ireland Clubs in a row and in their third final win, they had 6 Galway Under 21’s warming the bench. They looked unstoppable, yet they haven’t won Galway since and will be doing well to win one this year.

Amazing how quickly the wheel turns.

3 Likes