2022 European Championships - Munich

She made it

She’s through. Ah brilliant.

That’s as good as she can expect I guess, near the back in the final? The winner looked to be pulling up

Delighted for her. Seemed to really tie up towards home. She seemed to be running on the outside of her lane nearly the whole way around too which can’t have helped either.

1 Like

You’d hope she runs a PB in the final and then see where that puts her. She’s only 19 so the experience alone will be huge for her.

2 Likes

Qualifying for the final is huge. Means invites for lots of races going forward too

I’d hope we see a new national record in final

Final is tomorrow at 9pm

2 Likes

When she was interviewed after winning the 100m National title she sounded like the Euros was gonna be a race too far for her after a long season. Glad she went ahead with it.

I think she’s entered in the 200m too

1 Like

I praised them yesterday but not sure why RTE didn’t cover this morning considering there was a fair few Irish athletes

Her 200m time was with a strong wind - on the edge of legal. Still puts her up there as a contender.

4th fastest in Europe this year

They’ve the lads there in the stadium too. Seems a bit of a silly decision.

I was told she’s not running the 200m

Expectations for tonight

Israel to be 5th in 100m SF
Top 10 for two lads in 5000m would be a great result for them

Two faulty starts 100m second SF

Tension building

False starts in 2nd heat might help Israel here

1 Like

The Turk is gonzo

Harvey is gone there.
That’s a false start i think

Massive massive PB needed from Israel. Not impossible but for him to do it would be slightly miraculous

10.15 the target

Time we on?

Team GB - 3 into 100m final

Israel Olatunde is up next. Can he run a NR.

Now.

1 Like

RTÉ coverage - the lads like three fans chatting athletics over a beer. It’s great.

2 Likes