2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Kenny Cunningham being a real nuisance again. What a strange person.

Yeah I think Bellingham is a big upgrade on Kalvin Phillips and has a goal in him now too.

That Germany v Japan result should go down well in the Belgian camp. They were lining up to face either Spain or Germany in the Round of 16 but could end up with their old foes Japan instead.

Ah for me itā€™s literally all about the names of the teams. Iā€™m a footixy event junkie who has fuck all time with small kids etc. Iā€™m not going to watch a clash unless my mouth is watering in advance

Just say Shay was a good keeper Kenny and move on

I just want to watch good football. International football can be dour enough at times, so any bit of spark is good. And a lot of the Western Europe teams have been bad to watch in recent times.

Like the Dutch donā€™t really even have any top players from the midfield up, bar De Jong.

Much prefer someone like Japan who go out and have a go.

Am surprised Germany lost that match, when I was watching earlier, up till the German penalty, they were battering the Japanese goal. What happened?

It was a game of two halves.

Certainly seems that way, did Germany forget to come out for the second half?

The Saudis shithousing and lowering the blade was fantastic viewing.

2 Likes

They kept battering them for about 60 minutes but kept missing the chances. Blazed over the bar from close range, hit the post, the Japanese keeper made 4 saves in a single goalmouth scramble.

Donā€™t take your chances and youā€™ll be punished, Japan always had a bit of a threat on the counter and Germany definitely lost a bit of tempo & structure when GĆ¼ndogan went off. Still played good football and wouldnā€™t write them off yet but need to start scoring.

Costa Rica +2 is 8/5. Iā€™m having that.

Iā€™ve gone with Ferran Torres first goal, Spain 2-0 and under 8.5 corners. Fiver pays 220. Buying money

1 Like

Itā€™s a game of four Qatars.

Would there be much variation in those that qualify for a rubby wc? Ive never paid too much notice to the qualifying groups. The rubby wc knockout stages must be full of completely different countries every time? Must be very exciting.

2 Likes

Jewi to score, Azpilicueta to get booked.

Bryan Oviedo once of Everton, is he playing?

Yeah, left-back behind Bennette.

Navas in goal, Joel Campbell on the right.

1 Like

This is the truest thing ever posted on the forum. The upsets are great at the time but can make the knockouts a bit shit.

The Rugby World Cup has had quarter-finalists from Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, South America and Oceania.

Thatā€™s six continents.

To the best of my knowledge the association football World Cup has only ever had quarter-finalists from five continents.

The Rugby World Cup has had winners from three continents.

The association football World Cup has only had winners from two.

How many non current or ex British Commonwealth nations have qualified for the World Cup quarter finals?