2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 1)

Do the same with countries

Yeah. The same 6 nations nearly every time :smiley:ā€¦ Old money indeed.

1991 quarter-finalists Canada didnā€™t even qualify this time such was the intense competition in the the qualifiers.

1 Like

or donā€™t bother and enjoy the aul tournament thatā€™s on now instead of absolutely ridiculous comparisons and never mind that @ChairmanDan langer

Any chance to stick the boot into rugby and the scumbags who play it is worthwhile

Wow. Massive protest from Spain against the Qatari and FIFA regimes. Like the Iranians on Monday, not one of them sang the national anthem there.

6 Likes

The Spainiards arenā€™t singing the anthem Bill

Have you gone native?

langer is used in Limerick too

Japan had 26% possession and Saudi Arabia 31%. I think it has been decided by the modern Irish football supporter that a team is better off being at home watching the competition on TV than suffering that type of mortification on the world stage.

4 Likes

Nz, Australia, England, France have made every knockout? South Africa too since they were allowed in. 5 of the same nations every tournament and then a mixture of Ireland, wales, Scotland, Argentina ā€¦ A random minnow thrown in here and there.

New money.

I think the USA were eliminated by Portugal in the intercontinental play-off last week.

A seismic shock.

Seems very dull and predictable

USA like Canada have also failed to qualify for Rugby World Cup 2023. Chile and Uruguay have qualified from the Americas at their expense.

This must be the worst attendance so far

Early chance for Olmo, some pass by Pedri.

I wonder will any of the big 5 not qualify for the last 8 next yearā€¦ Very unlikely Iā€™d say.

Official attendance is 73,493. Capacity of the stadium is 40,000.

Lovely flick by Olmo.

Swate