2022 FIFA World Cup (Part 2)

Go way you spoofer you’ve no pints drank

1 Like

How the hell are the likes of Gavin coney, dan McDonnell, Ken early and Dan McDonnell at every World Cup final?

Would each country get a couple of tickets as well?

I wonder how many journos in total get to the game

1 Like

Goal contributions per 90

Ronaldo for reference

The ‘Matthews Cup Final’ in the Coronation Year of 1953. He was 38 then.

Inaugural European Footballer of the Year in 1956 at the age of 41.

English Footballer of the Year in 1963 at the age of 48.

1 Like

Soccer is arguably a higher standard now though

1 Like

Wheres the sunday game coverage of final? Bbc showing some school sitcom

Poor graphing, seems like someone trying to cover for Ronaldo.

When Argentina win the World Cup, the following tournament is always a glorious one for Irish teams.

2 Likes

It’ll never get better than this final. The cast assembled. The narrative. The heart stopping drama. Two goals which are worthy entries in the pantheon of the all time great goals. The cigarette paper thin margin between victory and defeat. A once in a lifetime game, the sort of World Cup final I thought I’d never see, having been raised on the biggest game in the world flopping over and over and over again.

4 Likes

It was utterly boring for the first 70 odd minutes.

2 Likes

How? It produced maybe the greatest goal ever scored in a World Cup final and surely the best team goal, a sublime team performance from Argentina, and France in disarray, including a double substitution before half time. It was the tinder that then suddenly exploded.

Do you expect your films to have a beginning, a middle and an end or do you just want two full hours of car chases?

You’re the type that would have been moaning after Italy v West Germany in 1970 or France v West Germany in 1982 or France v Portugal 1984 or Liverpool v AC Milan in 2005.

8 Likes

The standard was fairly low. It was very exciting for 20 the last minutes or so.

It wasn’t. Argentina were just far superior energy wise and passed the ball around France like it was a five a side kick around at times, mate.

France did wake up in the 80th minute onwards to their credit.

Argentina’s second goal was one this French team couldn’t dream of producing. Top quality.

1 Like

Ah it was a poor standard. It got very exciting once the French got the first goal.

Thought the standard was very poor in the tournament. The concentration of players in a few clubs just means the standard of the CL has gone through the roof.

World Cup with its simple format is still very exciting tbf.

Very informative plots. Messi has had multiple peaks, whereas Ronaldo’s performance has seen a broadly steady increase followed by a steady decline.

When Argentina win the World Cup, Galway come along two years later and win the All Ireland Hurling Final. Chalk it down. Gaillimh 2024.

2 Likes

Never say never. It’ll take some effort, in fairness, but it could happen. Anyway, game for game that was the best World Cup I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Definitely agree on the concentration of players. Saying that you can’t bate that national team passion in a world cup victory. That is second to none, mate.

It is still absolutely the pinnacle.

2 Likes

As plausible an argument as any for Galway I suppose

We need a more plausible one like a doping program.
As an aside, I presume you knew that fcuking cnut from Kilmallox who burned that poor lady to death in the car?