2022 Six Nations rugby championship

Was at that match in Melbourne. We were pathetic

Would have liked that French team to win it tho. Loved Galthie and Fabien Pelous.

1 Like

Gerry Thornley reporting that Mack Hansen could be a bolter when team announced

Very difficult to pick irelands wings tbh. Not a whole pile between so many of them.

1 Like

Rumoured team:

Keenan
Conway
Ringrose
Aki
Hansen
Sexton
Gibson park
Conan
Jvdf
Doris
Beirne
Ryan
Furlong
Kelleher
Porter.

3 Likes

Who is out injured at the moment? There is talk of Ireland having as strong a group as they have ever had but there seems to be a few lads there who are of an ordinary enough standard.

I think the pack 1-8 is very good and there’s serious depth too bar the two props.

9 and 10 are the worries but there’s a lot of young 9s and 10s in the provinces who’ll be very very good players very soon.

The centres you’ve Aki, ringrose, henshaw, Hume and Farrell.

There’s 6 or 7 decent wingers. Need two stands out but that’ll happen in time.

Keenan is excellent at fifteen.

Farrell seems to pick based on what’s going on in training which gives lads a huge chance too.

The back three are a relatively weak area. None of them would be in contention for a Lions matchday squad although Keenan will never let you down.

You’d easily do it really cheap. The French trains are brilliant.

1 Like

Conway and earls are excellent players. Earls just pushing on.

Keenan is outstanding.

Doake at Ulster will probably be at 9 by world cup

1 Like

Agreed but I’m hearing the Munster set up is shambolic at this stage and if they get that management ticket right I wouldn’t rule out backs like Casey, Healy, Crowley and Campbell improving rapidly next season.

1 Like

Crowley could, I could see Carberry ending up in Ulster next deal

I’m seriously impressed by Crowley. I’d play Healy and Crowley at ten and twelve from now until the end of the season.

Will the new Munster signing Fekitoa be able to play or has he to be here a year?

1 Like

He won a World Cup for New Zealand so I’d be surprised if he can’t play rugby.

I think you’ve to be in Ireland five years before
You can represent the county if your not already capped.

Ireland used to have a back row of O’Brien, O’Mahony & Heaslip, with Murray and Sexton at their peak behind them. This current version seem a good bit short of that standard, though have improved the 2nd row and props. By my reckoning 6 of the pack played when a thrown together Saracens went to Dublin 2 years ago and made the Leinster pack look like children, think they have a bit to prove when the pressure is really on.

2 Likes

Furlong wasn’t Playing and porter was tight head.

Kelleher wouldn’t have been on either.

That game was decided by the scrum really.

I wouldn’t underestimate the importance of furlong and if Leinster got parity that day in the scrum v sarries they’d have won easily enough.

That was hilarious.

Weren’t Saracens 3 in a row champions at that stage, but were just expected to roll over :grinning:

2 Likes

They’d a pretty serious injury crisis and I’m sure they were already relegated too.

5 of the 8 that started in the pack for Saracens that day played the full 80 minutes which is unheard of in professional rugby. They were just thrown together to fulfil the fixture really but made a show of the Leinster pack - that was 18 months ago and 6 of the Leinster pack that day look like starting for Ireland at the weekend.