2022 Six Nations rugby championship

How was Dave Kearney starting ahead
Of Luke Fitz in 2015 v the argies? I forgot how good Fitz was when he came on.

O Connell, Pom, Sean o brien, Jared Payne and sexton were some loss.

nope, he is a repeated failure at world cup

He was second choice out half behind Ronan Oā€™Gara at his first World Cup in 2011.

Why do you say he was a failure in the 2015 World Cup?

Juan Martin Hernandez was some player.

3 Likes

Ireland under his watch have never finished higher than 8th in a 8 team tournament

2 Likes

The quarter final in 2015 against Argentina was hardly under his watch. He missed it through injury.

Ditto the 2011 quarter final against Wales. Oā€™Gara played out half. Sexton got just a few minutes at the end after the game was lost.

On a point of order, 20 teams and not 8 have competed in the final tournaments of all the World Cups that Sexton has okayed in.

Itā€™s a bit like saying Portugal shouldnā€™t play Ronaldo as heā€™s keeping someone from getting experience. Sexton is as good a player weā€™ve ever produced, even now Ireland are twice the team with him in it. Heā€™ll be going to the World Cup at 38 I reckon

2 Likes

1 I donā€™t think United should be playing Ronaldo anyway, whatever about Portugal.
2 Sexton will go and play world cup. And heā€™ll be hit late and injured. Any team worth their salt will do it. SA love it.

Because coach Schmidt had a plank in his eye.

Nothing triggers the Munster lads like the words Dave Kearney!

Sexton could be in nappies long before the world cup

Ian Madigan comes a close second.

ā€œExperience not essentialā€
ā€œCan learn on the jobā€

Hopefully more so than a manager.
Or anyone in the epl.

Was the game that poor?

I was a big fan of Madigan but Iā€™d say I was the exception alright

1 Like

Too many (if all) munster fans* are obsessed with players from other teams getting ahead of a munster player in the ireland team. Similarly Leinster fans who wind them up about where a lot of munster players are from.

Social media is terrible

*fans who donā€™t understand there is an entire sport inside and outside of the 16th man

1 Like

Rugby can be decent to watch on tv but hard watch when you are at the game.

The only Rugby Football match I have ever attended in the flesh was when I saw a last gasp JJ Hanrahan drop-goal win a Munster Schools Cup quarter final for Rockwell College in Clanwilliam Football Club Tipp Town back in 2010 as I dossed off last class in school.

It was an absolutely horrendous spectacle but was regarded at the time in the newspapers as an absolute classic.