2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

Lynch played some of his best hurling at CF. Iā€™d have him in there maybe.

He barely played two games, good and all as he was in the final

1 Like

I donā€™t think he will get one and that SOD and Malone would be more deserving but to say it would be thoroughly undeserved is very harsh. He produced spells in matches this year where he decided the Waterford, cork and Dublin matches and looked every inch the best hurler in the country and aside from Tipp the first day out he was very prominent both days against Limerick and kilkenny when he wasnā€™t shooting the lights out. I wouldnā€™t see much of a difference in his form this year than the likes of Tom Morrissey who I think will be a consensus pick

There arenā€™t six outstanding forwards this year and both him and TJ shouldnā€™t get all stars as they are held to a very high standard which they were below this year but it wouldnā€™t be thoroughly undeserved if he got it.

1 Like

Lynch was very good at 11 in semi and most peoples motm in final

Deserves all start over Reid or Kelly

3 Likes

Tom Morrissey carried us on his back early rounds of the championship. He was unreal.

11 Likes

For the second half. He wasnā€™t at a whole pile first half.

He stank the place out against Clare first time around

Is a match and half enough to secure an all star?

He was very good in fairness, his form tailed off as the year went on though. He was in the mix for HOTY up to the Munster final. Himself and Kelly were both excellent in the first Clare limerick match but probably hit 10+ wides between them on the night

Lynch showed in the final that heā€™s the best hurler in the game

Some of his pick ups and lay offs were magical.

Changed the game when moved to 11

4 Likes

Undoubtedly for mine, different gravy.

But if weā€™re only going off the final Peter Casey gets in.

But weā€™re not. Itā€™s body of work over the season. And for that, Iā€™d have Morrissey in hf line.

There are always a couple who get them by reputation

1 Like

What did Davy Fitz score during the championship this year?

The cunt managed to score another paid year in Waterfordā€¦

6 Likes

Absolutely number one.

A lot of talk this year while he was away about Tony Kelly being better, but thatā€™s surely been put to bed. Heā€™s operating at a different level to anyone else.

4 Likes

TK is a fine hurler but is evidently not a great ball winner.

Heā€™s a finisher supreme with excellent striking.

Not Iā€™m Lynchā€™s league though

He is definitely the best link up player in the game and influences games hugely. There are better strikers of the ball out there.

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t know. Stick Kelly in that Limerick team and I think heā€™d easily be the match of lynch.
Stick lynch in the Clare team and heā€™d probably have gone traveling.

2 Likes

Kelly has been kind of found out by the likes of Barrett and Butler

Incapable of winning his own ball - complete contrast to Lynch

1 Like

First of all, a hearty congratulations to the @Limericks. Nothing really further to add from what has already been said. A lot said it better than I ever could. A truly special side.

Last Sunday was decisive in that, not only did Limerick win a 5th All Ireland in 6 years. dreamland stuff, especially for a non ā€˜big threeā€™ County. But it also had a demoralizing affect on the rest of the competitors. No matter what is thrown at them, Limerick have an emphatic answer. I have never seen score taking like I did for the final 25 mins. It was incredible stuff.

I donā€™t know anything about the Cork team of the 40ā€™s, but I do remember the Kilkenny side of the 00ā€™s. I never thought id see the likes of them again. But here we are in 2023 with another immortal team. For Kilkennyā€™s fourth title in that run, they were pushed to the limit by a Chipp side that was clearly coming. Kilkenny were hanging on in the autumn of 2009. Limerick are anything but in the summer of 2023. Itā€™s very hard to make arguments for anyone else to claim an All Ireland in 2024. But thatā€™s a discussion for the darker nights that are to come.

In a way the only ting holding their legacy when viewed in the years to come might be the paucity of the opposition when they have been in this unique moment in time. Its very harsh to even mention it, because itā€™s hardly their fault. But it is worth mentioning as they are now in such exalted company. When it has counted they have made everyone look so ordinary.

An extraordinary team. One that will be remembered in a 100 years time when weā€™re all long gone.

20 Likes

Eoin Murphy continually pucking it in the Vicinity of diarmuid byrnes in the second half was woeful stuff.

2 Likes

Very average puckouts. Wouldnā€™t swap Nicky for him even if they threw in peak TJ