2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

Listen to the lyrics.
It basically says not to be listening to the lads on TFK cause they know fuckall.

6 Likes

A little birdie told me, I read it in the paper
I’ve seen it on the internet, I heard it from a neighbour
And everybody’s talking, but I don’t know them really well
You’re not the first one said that, so I would well believe it
So, what do you want to know? And I’ll tell you the gods honest truth
Well, what did you hear last night? Would I ever lie to you?
I couldn’t get over that, he didn’t lick that off the grass
But you never heard that from me
That’s the way it’s always going to be

7 Likes

Fuck the begrudgers and gossip merchants.

1 Like

The gossip merchants tried to sink Hego but he had the last laugh

6 Likes

Sure fellas on here said hego was gone from the panel and others saying barry nash was in a boot due to a rib injury :joy::joy: worst still others believed the dow was back on the panel, even got printed in national media

5 Likes

The gimlet eyed assassin I used to call Shefflin.

The @limericks who started that rumour on here have had the last laugh on the @limericks

I think :thinking:

3 Likes

There was a goal he got against Waterford (maybe cork) I think in a tight game in Croker where he just hung loose off the play and like a magnet the ball came to him along the ground and he buried it , an opposing player missed an relatively easy block on ground but it was like the King knew he would .

He had a couple of finals in his early to mid 20’s where he wouldn’t have featured heavily either. Although he did score 0-4 (iirc) when he came on against Waterford in 2008. Himself and Richie Hogan then became the lynchpins of that Kilkenny team around 2014 but obviously TJ’s consistency and durability was much stronger. TJ is top class and has done it for the club too but Henry Shefflin is just better as far as I’m concerned. HS was so ruthless.

1 Like

Chocolate tears ran off afterwards too :thinking:

I’d never heard it until last week but I found myself nodding my head along to it in appreciation watching some of those Limerick celebrations on social media. The players seem to have adopted it as their anthem.

2 Likes

I’d only ever heard it in Croke Park. The Limericks and Waterford both adopted “Don’t Stop Believing” back in 2007/8. Unfortunately we did after around 10 minutes of both games.

He lost me when he started talking about the babysitter being a cousin of hitlers.

It starts off ok but goes very weird.

Thats the gossip part.

It’s not a very complex lyrical piece

I know but for a catchy tune I don’t really want hilter mentioned regardless

Write a strongly worded letter

2 Likes

Yeah I remember him making an unusual off the ball run across the pitch once in a match against our club. 15 seconds later our keeper under pressure lorries it straight into his lĂĄmh

What do you want to know?

TJ does not deserve an all star this year.i couldn’t believe he made the Sunday game team of the year.he got on just on reputation not on how he played this year.

2 Likes

First time I heard it was last Sunday, pure vomit.