2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

Ye cry and we laugh at ye, seems to be the way it goes.

6 Likes

I think you have DJ too high tbh.

2 Likes

It’s all a matter of opinion, but I reckon lads underrate Shefflin as he’s a bit dour, he used moan to referees and wasn’t as exciting as some players to watch. You’d go anywhere to see DJ hurl but Shefflin would always have been first name on any teamsheet . A bit like Keher in his time I’d imagine.

He landed on the team in 99 and brought them to a whole new level. He was the best player from then all the way through to 2012 in Kilkenny’s greatest era. Walsh was the best to watch. Delaney was a great defender. Being a forward is more difficult. Shefflin nearly always delivered on the big days

11 Likes

He wasn’t the most flamboyant of players but the fucker always took the right option whatever the situation.

When Kilkenny needed him he always stood up and was counted.

It’s a very difficult debate but I’d have him ahead of canning or tj Reid as the best forward of the last thirty years.

5 Likes

Have lads not a point about TJ Reid? 1 point from play in 4 All Ireland finals has to ask questions.

1 Like

Teams always put their best marker on him.

Limerick didn’t really mark him at all

Aidan O Shea type returns.

[quote=“Perez2017, post:1391, topic:37859, full:true”]
Have lads not a point about TJ Reid? 1 point from play in 4 All Ireland finals has to ask questions.
[/quot

How many has hoggie scored from play in 4 all Ireland finals?

3 of his last 4 finals he has been in his 30s.

He hasn’t played in 4

They wouldnt have gotten within an asses roar of a final witout TJ.

As a side note “What do you Want to Know” by Michael Maloney is now firmly entrenched as the most iconic song played over the Croke Park tannoy.

3 Likes

Of their last 4 finals.

1 Like

Derry City tune

Where is Maloney from?

Donegal I think

1 Like

He got a shout out from a good few of the players I assumed he was a local lad. Cracker of a song

What’s the link with this song to limerick team ?