2023 AI Hurling Final Limericks v KK

Fuck them. They have no respect for us.

4 Likes

All the talk about Murphys save in the Clare game will soon be forgotten Sunday evening after Gillane rattles 3 goals past him & Lynch lifts Liam. Here kitty kitty . :facepunch: Bookmark it.

limerick-hurling

12 Likes

Yeā€™ll win pulling up

3 Likes

Limerick canā€™t lose.

Great gif

2 Likes

You had me till ā€˜Drennanā€™.

3 Likes

Fair point, same applies for Billy Ryan.

Weā€™d need both coming through with well above average performances to have a real rattle at it.

Billy Ryan wonā€™t be clicking anything, no disrespect to the chap.

He was good to be fair against Clare.

Won and gave a lovely ball to TJ Reid that he would have buried on another day.

1 Like

Christ I know, has he ever?

Never seen a chap to be carried through a complete career of no shows like him, maybe more a commentary on the lack of alternatives than anything else.

He wins a bit of ball (usually low) and our half forwards donā€™t do that anymore. He usually loses it just as quick though.

He played very well against Cork in the 2019 quarter final.
Reminds me a lot of Jason Flynn, heā€™s tall, fast, skilful But flatters to deceive.

Flynn is more skilful and is obviously windy to boot.

Ryan is one sided. Gave a nice hand pass to TJ in the semi final but it was because he couldnā€™t shoot for goal off his right.

1 Like

His potential would be vital Sunday, any kind of an upset involves KK scoring 3/4 goals and Limerick 0/1 but History says heā€™ll be replaced in the 54th minute by Wally. Would love nothing more than to be categorically wrong on that one!

Cant even remember that one. He had a decent Leinster Final in 2018 in the first half is my last recollection of any stand up contribution.

Who was asking about watching the game abroad?

Just googled it. He scored 0-2 off the bench. Thereā€™s probably logic in that where he can use his pace as teams tire.

As I said, the fact heā€™s one sided is a huge disadvantage. Regularly turns down scores or has to loop onto his left.

Billy ryan is a bit underrated. Does an amount of donkey work

Its not all about having a lovely flash of the wrists, its about playing to a system and functioning within that

Iā€™m presuming heā€™s underrated as we donā€™t know his GPS stats where he does a lot of work on off the ball running or something.

When it comes to scores/assists/ball retention, heā€™s fairly rated but it wouldnā€™t surprise me if he does go out some day and gets 3-3.

Flanagan didnt hardly hit a ball in the munster final but he made runs to clear out backs for gillane for example.
Sometimes stats dont give the full picture. If you follow them blind you let the tail wag the dog.

If other forwards are performing well around a lad you can be sure he is contributing in some way to that.

1 Like

Flanagan has regularly scored 0-4+ in big games for Limerick. Again, Iā€™d say heā€™s no Gillane but is fairly rated.

I donā€™t go to enough KK games to know for sure but I doubt Billy Ryan is the reason Cody scores in the same way Flanagan does.