2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

They hardly deserve that, no one deserves that.

They’d be able to buy a lovely flag in Buttevant.

3 Likes

Tipp vs Galway should be a decent game. Hard enough to call at this point. You’d imagine that will be on in Limerick (although if they didn’t think they were going to get more than 25k, Tullamore would be a good shout too).

Clare vs Dublin isn’t really an inspiring fixture tbh. Dublin just lack the forwards to make you really enthusiastic about watching their games. You’d fancy Clare to win it but hopefully Dublin can really put it up to them. Will Clare get the same support for a quarter-final as they got for a Munster Final? Thurles might be overkill, definitely wouldn’t bring it down to Cork. Portlaoise wouldn’t be a bad shout for that.

Croke Park seem less concerned with focusing on good atmosphere, etc, though. The Munster Council have at least leaned into that a little bit.

1 Like

You hang around too long in Buttevant and they’d nearly try convert you to COI.

Double header in Limerick surely only sensible option

1 Like

A lovely feed too in Corbett Court.

That’d work too.

Tbf the Dublin Hurling supporters will travel to wherever in fairness to them so not a bad shout. I also imagine there will be a much larger clare support for it being in Limerick. Perfectly halfway between Tipp and Galway

1 Like

Dublin should surely have an issue with it being fixed for Limerick.

Limerick is the most sensible option.

The GGA will decide something else.

I was originally scheduled for a flight out for holidays on Sunday. Ryanair changed it to Saturday evening. I could be up in the air when the game is on :joy:

Limerick and Portlaoise - or indeed a double header in Limerick - the right call here.

Been a mighty year for TUS Gaelic Grounds / OTnS PĂĄirc na nGael.

2 hours in the car or the train to Limerick, not going to mordor really

Clare elected to play a Munster final there, Dublin would be mad to agree to it.

Clare v Dublin in Thurles.
Galway v Tipp in HQ.

Limerick would be the best location for Galway tipp surely. Or maybe O’Moore park? That game would be lost in Croke Park.

I would agree Limerick is the place to put it but I am thinking what could the GAA do.

They could well go with the above scenario or a double header in HQ.

I see you’re point, theres a fair argument but if they wanted a double header it makes the most sense. Portlaoise will be right spot. You could always say the dublin footballers get a neutral venue in croke park

You what?

The last thing needed here is an ‘Exceedingly Attractive Double Header’ cc @Cheasty

But if RTE are covering both games, then that is what it will be.

I do hope the first lesson highlights the difference between thought and taught

1 Like