2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

You some class of a halfwit if you are wound up that easily :joy:

You’d think he’d quote me properly when he’s at it.

That second half yesterday was RIP.Hurling stuff. The segment with all the sideline cuts was the worst I’ve ever seen.

Galway played well for 25 minutes but the manner in which they downed tools made the rest of the game a total non event. Little point in reading anything into it.

1 Like

The stats in gaa the public see are worthless really. I often see one spectacular catch or score have people think a fella was class when in reality he did fuck all. I’m not saying DOD didn’t deserve the MOTM just the stats and clips they showed certainly didn’t prove it.

Yes, really.

1 Like

Sew it in to them man. The next wave is coming and all.

Incident on the train tracks. Trains stopped from before Portlaoise

What happened the next ball after Quaid “turned the game for Limerick”?

The special from Ennis cancelled, there is uproar

Some kick in the balls if that’s the case.

Carnage.

The brother and a big crew are going nuts, the Toyato corolla is parked up back in Corofin

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/mrjackietee/status/1677820219429904385?s=46&t=pBoz6vwJNpAFZhshXLNoZg

Were the Clare team due to travel by train?

They’ll give KK a walkover

1 Like

Buff stuck in Thurles station
Bus the rest of the way he says

There’s a scramble for buses now. Clare team are held up I believe

Steam coming out of Lohan’s ears I’d say and it’s not even 11.30.

4 Likes

Yesterday’s match was won before half-time. I was genuinely a little worried after about 25 minutes because not only were we not playing well, we didn’t seem to know how to stop Galway’s momentum.

You couldn’t see it on TV (because RTE’s director is more interested in zooming in on a player’s helmet than showing the fucking puckout) but Galway’s movement on puckouts in the first half was really really good and had us in serious, serious bother.

This is where I think we missed Hannon most of all, because we were at sixes-and-sevens at times, Murphy was able to ping balls into the likes of Mannion, Fahy and Concannon in acres of space. I’d love to see the high-behind on this one and I think Limerick definitely need to look at it because the movement was superb and our communication broke down and Galway got really handy scores from it.

Limerick did sort it out before half-time, Kyle ate Byrnes after one point for Concannon and they seemed to get the shape a bit better after that, Nash and Dan won a couple too.

And that’s where the game was won. We took control for the last 10 minutes of the half, Tom & DOD dragged us back into it. Small things but absolutely vital at the time to break Galway’s momentum and get us scores. Tom just keeps a puckout alive, allows us to win possession when we were struggling to do that. DOD links the play, actually gets the head up and feeds Gillane who was starved of possession. DOD hit the big score after Casey’s block, which was another big momentum-shifter.

In the first half; Flanagan, Casey, Hego, Reidy & Lynch all performed under-par. Our work rate wasn’t good enough, we were giving away frees (I thought Owens was poor, some very very soft frees in the first half and then just let things off completely in the second half) but not tracking runners, not contesting puckouts properly and hit a few bad wides too. But mainly, we were not feeding Gillane and Flanagan other than DOD & Tom.

So it must have been slightly deflating for Galway to go in only a point up but by half-time, I was confident, not because of the scoreline but because we had upped the intensity & tempo. The performance in the last 10 was night-and-day from the first 25 and it continued into the second half.

Helped by Galway though, they were like statues in the second half. Whereas Murphy in the first half had loads of options and hit some great passes, he had nothing to hit in the second half. The Galway half-forwards just stood there in groups, waiting for it and Limerick really really strong under a dropping ball. Hitting it where Kyle or Byrnes can attack it is crazy.

They just couldn’t get out of their own half. We gave them the short puckout but you could see Murphy didn’t want to go to them (presumably on instruction from Shefflin). And that’s a killer, if you don’t trust your full-back line to be able to hurl, it makes it a lot easier for the opposition to defend, especially when you are going into a wind. My view would be that, considering, they had given us an extra man at the back at that stage, could they not have brought Cathal Mannion back at that point? He was a huge threat in the first half, but hadn’t pucked a ball in the second half, I thought they’d bring him and getting him dictating things because they couldn’t get out. Even getting Padraic Mannion to stand at 2 to collect a puckout and work the ball out would have been an option, draw Limerick up the pitch. But they did nothing on the line, Murphy ignored his full-back line and had nothing to hit up the pitch.

Limerick should have won by more to be quite honest. Galway offered nothing in the second half. Whelan got a lovely point at the start of the second half in front of the Hogan. I don’t think he got a single possession after that. I think Kevin Cooney got 1 possession in the second half too (a lovely point actually). I’d have serious sympathy for them. But Galway just let Nash free, let Byrnes free at times, you can’t do that.

We left some amount of scores behind us, Mul should have finished with 0-3, Tom missed two of the easiest chances he’ll ever get; Cathal missed one, Byrnes dropped one short & missed a handy free, Lynch missed a bad one in the first half, as did Hego, there were plenty others.

DOD or Tom MotM for me, Gillane not far behind. Kyle immense in the second half particularly, as was Dan Morrissey. Nash, Byrnes, Mike Casey all really good in the second half.

I saw a few comments criticising Lynch? Would disagree strongly with that. Poor first half, for sure, second half, he was excellent. Won a lot of dirty ball, linked the play brilliantly, created a goal from that. We got a bit of luck with that tbf, Reidy should have buried it himself but got the bounce and Gillane is deadly tbf. The Lynch/Reidy switch in the second half worked and I’m really shocked they didn’t start that way tbqh.

Tom being taken off first was weird tbf, when the game wasn’t actually over. He was by far our best half-forward and while I was all for bringing CON on, I thought it’d be for Hego, who was only decent. Bit slow with subs generally, I thought, the game was made for the likes of Boylan & Mul. We could really have put the foot down and killed it off properly with a bit of impetus but it just kinda died away. Need to be careful of that kind of thing as we go into a final.

23 Likes

Travelled up last night

2 Likes

Cork camogie team were on train and stuck in Thurles. They’ve sourced a bus though.