2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

You including the management and back room too?

Yes

So you think Limerick will beat Kilkenny by 29 points? At least 29 points or bang on 29 points?

Yes .

1 Like

You willing to place a wager on that?

What part of my posting makes you believe Iā€™m
A weak mindset gambler. Shame on you and your people

1 Like

And such a body of work to mull over

5 Likes

Shame on your people

Did Galway forget at half time that Conor Whelan existed?

They did all kinds of fucking around with the ball and everything bar feed him with ball

The keeper had options to go short to the full backline who could hit Whelan in the full forward line

If I was Whelan I d be fair thick with the 2nd half carry on

2 Likes

Tbf there was a wind, and they werenā€™t able to hit the full-forward line from their own '45 so they definitely wouldnā€™t have from their own '21. They needed more movement or more ability on the ground from their midfield & half-forwards.

Which they really did have in the first half, and were then able to feed Whelan as a result.

Iā€™d probably have brought Whelan to 11 when he was getting no service to see if he could win a puckout himself.

1 Like

Just getting to the Sunday game now. Oā€™Donnell was incredible

1 Like

If only they had a manager that might have copped this.He may as well not have been on the field in the second half.Terrible from HS and his selectors

1 Like

They did Iā€™m pretty sure

1 Like

Was that in the last 10 or so? They completely lost all structure towards the end; they hit a few balls inside at that point and there was no one in there at all.

Twas mid second-half anyway, Kyle was catching a ball over him at some stage

Jaysus limerick must be loving this shit. As bad a time in the intercounty game and they hoovering up multiple All Irelands

Good on em. They deserve it

1 Like

One of the great mysteries is why any manager at top inter county level would bother employing a sweeper system. The good teams totally nullify it (Limerick with the short passing game) or by good diagonal or long deliveries into the corners such as Kilkenny did today. Blanchfield, Deegan, Tommy Walshā€¦ā€¦they gave great ball into Billy Ryan and Cody, first half particularly. Morey was made redundant. Lohan would have been as well off to start the game with 14 men.

Also, to me, itā€™s a manager indirectly saying to his own team ā€œI donā€™t think ye are good enough to go man on man with these lads, Iā€™ll cover our arses by playing the extra body at the backā€. Itā€™s totally negative and send out a terrible message to players.

Could you imagine John Kiely adopting a sweeper system?! He doesnā€™t need to, because he trusts his players to be good enough and perform on the day. Derek Lyng likewise.

2 Likes

There was nothing to be won in the HF line. Exactly like kk in their pomp, Limerick first and foremost get control of that third of the field. Galway played as well as they were allowedto an extent. Still donā€™t have anyone who can make perceptive real time changes, but Limerick can play it any way you want, which is slightly what irks about the gamesmanship. However.
My honest take is that the standard of of hurling is higher than ever. Galway are a fine team of skilful honest battlers, who give you all they have, itā€™s just Limerick have got the lot, 15 generational hurlers, and probably the best coach we have yet seen. Even the spare armed tackle has been perfected to the extent that you can sense the ref drawing in breath to whistle, and they let go. Itā€™s perfect. Itā€™s not pretty really, but such is life. I thought that for 15 minutes against Galway, which is all it took, that was peak Limerick.
As an aside, I can ot remember a game where Lyons hasnā€™t favoured one side over another.

6 Likes

Two weekends in a row now with violence on the hill between opposition fans

Segregation on the way soon ffsā€¦ scumbags

2 Likes