2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Hope your car is on blocks when you come back to it

5 Likes

Tipp fans getting the excuses in early.

1 Like

Another sign of the Microwaved, Split Season, Championships being dumbed down even further when there are AI Quarler Finalā€™s being played in Limerick FFS.

Brian Lohan gets what he wants

You can forget about Thurles as a venue

Stay where you are so. Thereā€™s nobody sending for you.

Our boys need the really big stage in Dublin 3, not some kip on the Ennis Road.

Itā€™s genuinely unfair on the likes of tipp and Dublin that the big hurling counties like Limerick and Clare have so much of influence on the location of these fixtures.

2 Likes

JP has the dressing rooms bugged already, a nice little dossier to be handed to the Limerick management by Sunday evening.

1 Like

The gaa or cccc are so out of touch its unreal. Dubs are getting a raw deal bringing their game to Limerick.

Dubs v Clare should be on in Portlaoise and Limerick is the correct venue for Tipp v Gal.

1 Like

Has a Leinster team ever had a decent venue put forward for these games over the past few years?

Iā€™d say RTƉ laziness /skimping on the outside broadcast may have had something to do with it.

Get over the quarters this weekend and you will have your chance.

No @Gman look at where we had to play our Quarter finals down through the years. The farce of bringing ourselves and Clare to Cork a few years back is a prime example.

Theres no need for a quarter final to be played as a double header. Get Clare up the road to Portlaoise and stop pandering to these Munster counties.

The double header is only to facilitate rte/cameras Iā€™d say.

Same thing happened in 2017 too. Wexford and Waterford were brought down to Cork for an All-Ireland quarter-final.

Personally I think a double header makes more sense. Iā€™d doubt Clare v Dublin would attract 10k in Portlaoise as a stand-alone fixture.

Itā€™s farcial that Tipp are basically in the All Ireland final now.

I like going to watch my county play but 6.15 on a Saturday evening in that kip is taking the piss.

Having a double header in that kip is a real pity.

I do acknowledge my overbearing bias, but a double header for a sunny Saturday evening in Cork would have been electric. Or even one game on Saturday evening in Cork and the other on the Sunday in Limerick.

Despite the attractive fixtures, there is far less of a buzz now due to the venue.

1 Like

Cork poster thinks game played in cork would be electric but same game between same teams in Limerick would not. Acknowledges bias.

2 Likes