2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Páirc Uí Chaoimh is a far superior stadium that should be utilised more for games like these. It’s the third best stadium in the country and the second in our national sport.

The Gaelic Grounds is not worthy of hosting a double header hurling quarter final. I was there again yesterday and it’s utterly depressing.

There’s something magical about the Gaelic Grounds lately, its a real cathedral of hurling

17 Likes

PUC is a real world example of a “build it and they will come” attitude. The location is all wrong

1 Like

It’s a great stadium but it’s in a terrible location and it would be the height of stupidity to play Tipp v Galway there. Acknowledge the Gaelic grounds has been quite depressing for ye lately but it’s grand for this, the open stand on a summer’s evening is perfect.

Cork is a city within a bowl ffs :bowl_with_spoon:

Straight into the Munster Final and now the All Ireland final. It’s like Galway in the old days.

2 Likes

I’d say the participating counties are quite happy with the arrangement.

After the last few years, the hurling public is clamouring for another Tipp v Kilkenny AI final classic.

Apart from tipp, who have a newfound aversion to all things Limerick, apparently.

All real feel of the 2001 Munster Championship this year, all the big events of the summer taking place in the one grounds.

Cork is too far out of the way. You could be 5 hours trying to get home out of it.

Crazy to fix games down there.

2 Likes

its like building a stadium in Donegal, utter madness

5 Likes

They might fill it for the Little All Ireland this year

1 Like

Please come down and pay for our white elephant …what’s a 7 hour round trip among friends?

1 Like

The GAA really kicking themselves that they didn’t push for building their ‘2nd Stadium’ in the ‘Paris of Ireland’, beautiful Limerick on the majestic Shannon.

4 Likes

If portlaoise was capable of holding 30/40k, it would have been the ideal location

And the numerous Flannerys pubs. I was in one last Sunday pre match but not sure which one

Limerick is the new Thurles

It’s a better occasion.

The Munster Final this year was the best organised Munster Final I was ever at and was a brilliant occasion.

The TUSGG is a magical cauldron on days like that.

4 Likes

The atmosphere was white hot, a few of us parked the Toyota Corolla outside Tesco Coonagh and went ape in the Greenhills

10 Likes