2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Disagree. I donā€™t think Offaly, as losers in Joe McDonagh final, should have earned right to play in All-Ireland series. This is a a warm-up game for Tipp.
Seems strange that these werenā€™t played last weekend to give everybody a 2 week run in.

1 Like

Used be the case. Laois were off their tits the week after winning the Joe Mc when they accounted for Dublin.

Iā€™ve no issue with winners getting in but McDonagh losers have never raised a gallop in Liam McCarthy. The final should be the pinnacle and if you lose, youā€™re out and return to club hurling

3 Likes

Agreed. The players couldnt give a fuck either in truth. I imagine its simply for logistics. How else do you decide which provincial loser plays the Joe Mc winner.

It must be tough on the manager for 3 more pointless weeks, probably facing a nice beating. Youā€™d have to think the players motivation would be completely gone after losing final

:dollar:

1 Like

I think there would be more merit in taking the top three in the Joe Mc and placing them in a knockout competition with the 3 sides from Leinster and 2 from Munster who didnā€™t make the all Ireland series in some form of a quasi B all Ireland.

Handicap it somewhat based on if a team has made the all Ireland series in recent times. As Cork and Wexford made it last year they cannot field their eight most experienced players based off intercounty championship appearances or something. Given that under 20s have been training up to a few weeks ago they could be drafted in to fill the panel. Would be a nice developmental competition for the bigger counties given that there arenā€™t half as many challenge matches it would be a nice opportunity for those on the extended panel to see game time and possibly show something for the next season and a good competition for the likes of Carlow, Offaly, Antrim et al to have a cut off.

Straight knockout open draw between the 8 teams ran off over three weekends.

2 Likes

Are the hurling games on GAAGO this weekend?

I bought my auld lad the sub but heā€™d only watch the hurling.

Tipp v Offaly is but Carlow v Dublin is not from what I can see. A pity because Iā€™d imagine thereā€™s more of a chance of an upset in the latter.

1 Like

Ah Iā€™d give Tipp a fighting chance

Iā€™ve Tipp and Offaly purchased for the auld lad and myself here. Looking forward to a real treat

Best pundit in the game Bubbles there

I think Tipp will score six (6) goals today

1 Like

If we donā€™t score four at least, we might as well throw in the towel

That stupid cunt Dave McIntyre just asked Cahill about Callanan making his first start of year. He started against Waterford you tool.

2 Likes

Aisling is looking well

1 Like

Why is Screeney not on the panel for the Offaly seniors? Would have made sense to draft him in when the 20s finished.

I think Offaly will give Tipp a right good rattle today. Will be a lot closer than most people think.

Heā€™s about 12

The Fenian princess