2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Jamesie is right up there as one of the most clueless pundits for sure.

1 Like

Very astute

Any word on the injuries to Conor cleary and John conlan?

My contacts in ballyvaughan tell me Conlon is in but cleary is out.

Jamesie tips Galway. Surprise surprise. Limerick are there for the taking.

Tom is one of the best

2 Likes

James is will be salivating if Limerick are bate.

Talking about ‘going to the well’ and we have had a month of ffs

How can anyone tip Galway. They’ve genuinely done nothing this year to suggest they’ll give Limerick a ‘rattle’.

I suppose it’s mostly people looking to do the whole ‘didn’t I tell you Galway would rattle them’ type thing if Galway did win… even if they didn’t believe it

I heard Hannon had a very positive Zumba class this morning and WILL be playing the full 70 on Saturday.

1 Like

Limerick are down Finn, Hannon and Lynch. Three bona fide greats. This year, Limerick have been below the very high bar they have set.

Galway match up well physically and put in their best performance to date vs Tipp.

It is no surprise that some pundits would fancy a Galway win

2 Likes

This is exactly what people in Galway are saying. Sure we couldn’t beat Dublin. And they’re stone useless.

1 Like

I’d rate Galway above Kilkenny and that would be widely recognised if not for a flukey last minute smash and grab. Meanwhile Limerick are down their three best players. Limerick only just got past Galway and kk last year.

1 Like

I’m hearing for KK that Carey and Keoghan are out, and that Richie Reid and Adrian Mullen at 50% to make it.

Clare by four

Richie Reid is a telpis, Blanchfield is a far better 6.

To be fair, Galway gave Limerick a rattle last year with absolutely no form to suggest that they would. They had been really disappointing in the Leinster Final, and had been shit against Cork but came through.

At least this year, they pretty much dismantled Tipp despite a narrow margin of victory. I would say it was their most impressive performance under Henry; Tipp were at seas tactically.

And there is a narrative in certain places that Limerick were lucky to beat the likes of Cork and Clare. I think Galway are better than Cork so if you really believed that Limerick needed a heavy dose of luck to beat Cork, it’s not outrageous to think Galway could beat them, particularly without Finn & Hannon.

I’m expecting a performance from Limerick but I’m interested to see how the tactical battle will go; there are going to be question marks over whoever Limerick play at 6 and Galway will likely test that. And that may open up vulnerabilities elsewhere. Last year, Galway were able to work the ball to midfield and get shots off without a hand being laid on them which is unlike Limerick tbf.

2 Likes

Decent tickets there now.

Cc @TheLimericks & @TheGalways

3 Likes

All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Semi-Finals

Saturday July 8

Limerick v Galway, Croke Park, 6pm, RTE/BBC

Referee: James Owens (Wexford)

(E.T & Winner on the Day)

Sunday July 9

Kilkenny v Clare, Croke Park, 4pm, RTE/BBC

Referee: Colm Lyons (Cork)