2023 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Who would be the top 3 hurlers you’ve seen since 2010

And to follow-up who would be the top 3 most effective hurlers you’ve seen in that time?

Best three in absolute terms, as sheer talents, ruling out fellas not younger than mid twenties in 2010? Three is really not anything like enough. But:

SeĂĄn Finn

Eoin Murphy/Richie Power

TJ Reid

Most effective (again mid twenties or younger in 2010), as in got the absolute most out of themselves from considerable but not superlative natural talent:

DaithĂ­ Burke

Michael Fennelly

GearĂłid Hegarty

But I could pick plenty more lads in either category.

1 Like

I think both codes at all levels from senior inter county down would be massively improved overnight if they went to 12 a side

That’s deep…

My own knowledge (which is not as high as yours) of the subject would be from the fact I enjoyed & improved at it. Not enough to make the top level obviously but a different learning experience.
I’m surprised you’ve Eoin Murphy in your top 3. A great shot stopper but Quaid is almost as good and 60% better at puck outs. Bubbles was the most talented player I was thinking of but couldn’t argue with TJ, RP or Finn.

Is it an exclusive if Paul Kinnerk cogs your homework?

4 Likes

Fair play. Jack Neville will be kicking himself, although he was out with the half forward line also.

1 Like

I just sent him on that there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Great discussion lads

Couple of head the balls on it too which is always nice to see.

2 Likes

Not sure about skill per se, but a fitness and conditioning that allow them to apply their skill for a whole game, and a strength meaning the field is shrunk. I think hurling is far better than it used to be, but I’d really love to see something done about the spare arm tackle. In truth, I’m not sure anything can be done about it.

A lack of any real buzz about this weekend and I think it will be the same next weekend with the football.

The gaa should tack on a couple of extra weeks to the calendar and make all four semi finals island games on Sunday at 3:30pm.

5 Likes

Really? Plenty analysis to consume across the various podcast platforms. Good buzz around with people discussing the matches. I was in Gerry Mac’s sports shop at lunchtime and the place was buzzing

1 Like

Teams could make an effort by doing a bit of media and promoting the games too.

EMurphy
MButler HLawlor TWalsh
MCarey DBlanchfield DCorcoran
RReid PDeegan
TPhelan JDonnelly BRyan
MKeoghan TJReid ECody

Subs ATallis CDelaney CBuckley PWalsh CFogarty AMurphy CKenny TClifford WWalsh RHogan BDrennan

Team supplied by KGSC in association with UPMC Nowlan Park

2 Likes

Got this off Twitter

If we can’t bate them, we’ll confuse them…

3 Likes

Is Mullen fit? He’s a massive addition

I was told 50/50 along with R Reid. Sure look it, we’ll head up in our tens of tens, try to keep it picked out to them….

Kk would never field an injured player. Never.

They’d never field one. We’d field two though…