2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Your hero Joe Brolly called out Tyrone for what they were which ironically led to the black card.

It’s not, sure iv told you umpteen times a pullback is not a cynical foul. Iv no bias at all, I am only clarifying as I know you are relatively new to the sport and I wanted to help you with some of the trickier rules.

It does. And what does the rule say for a cynical foul that doesn’t prevent a goal scoring opportunity?

1 Like

It was a cynical foul that prevented a clear goalscoring opportunity. Textbook black card and penalty but as usual the northern team get screwed over by selective application of the rules.

You’re talking about two different rules there.

https://twitter.com/CahairOKane1/status/1571826242374041601

1 Like

Why was Tony Davis dropped from RTÉ’s punditry team? I liked his punditry persona. Seemed like an alright sort.

1 Like

Davis always reminded me of this guy.

d10674f01b34df03e7843fddd9143d86--father-ted-a-dog

3 Likes

Himself and Anthony Tohill were dropped around 2011. Pete Finnerty, Paul Flynn and Declan Ruth suffered a similar fate on the Hurling side.

One thing I always picked up from Tony Davis’s analysis over the years is he had a serious horn for Armagh.

I too always thought he was a sound sort of fella and liked him both as a player and as an analyst.

4 Likes

Was Tohill dropped or did he just decide to stop doing it? I thought he was decent. The most memorable incident from Tohill’s time as a pundit was when the GAA Media Player version playback of The Sunday Game kept the microphones from the studio on during the ad breaks. On one such interlude, Tohill went off on a rant about Mark Lynch, saying that he’d be written up as the saviour of the Derry team and angrily exclaiming Lynch had “done nothing” in his time playing for Derry.

1 Like

I dont know to be honest.

Tommy Lyons had a go at it too around that time but didnt last too long.

Glug glug glug

Don’t remember Ruth as a pundit . Tohill had the temerity to highlight Tomas o Se’s off the ball belts on limericks Steven Kelly . The animals cried witch-hunt when o se got suspended. That was the beginning of the end for tohill

1 Like

That Cork lad punching the Mayo forward is hilarious. If Hego did it they’d launch a 5 year tribunal that would achieve very little except the enrichment of the legal profession

4 Likes

I see the Super Sweet 16 phase wrapped up today with Louth losing to Kerry by 28 points and Sligo losing to Dublin by 24 points. Louth, Sligo, Clare and Westmeath duly eliminated from the Championship, without winning a single one of the cumulative 12 matches played. Who could have predicted that. What a worthwhile 5 weekends and 24 matches the split season zealots have created to whittle 16 teams down to 12.

2 Likes

The taking out of Kelly that day was one of the most cynical acts I have ever seen on a football field. Cold calm premeditated assault

1 Like

One or both were blindside elbow smashes that Kelly didn’t even see coming

Yet you’re the same lads who will pretend Kerry are saints and paint the big bad nordies with universal control of the dark arts.

Kerry are the most cynical team in the country, always have been but they run the Gaelic football media and the stooks buy the narrative.

4 Likes

I said watching this earlier that the goal would surely get the Ray Boyne slow mo treatment

https://twitter.com/AnalysisGaa/status/1670422827520995330?t=b_SmL8MbqcV0zGPD7fNFEQ&s=19

4 Likes

Ray always has a great accompanying soundtrack to go with his clips.

2 Likes