2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

https://twitter.com/johnfogartyirl/status/1673259911696842752?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

Paddy power

Dublin will either beat Mayo by 12 points or Mayo will win by 1.

Itā€™s a five year rebuilding project for Tipp.

Derry seriously strong and tenacious though
Iā€™d give them an outside chance of Sam tbh

At some point, Mayo fans have to be considered in the fixture-making process. Of 14 cship games in Croke Park since 2016, six of them on Saturday evenings, one on a Monday and seven on Sunday. Kerry have had 10 Sunday fixtures and just one Saturday replay (with Mayo) in that time

The Kerry v Dublin replay in 2019 and Kerry v Tyrone in 2021 were also on Saturdays.

Cahair is talking through his hoop.

Weā€™ll need to improve a lot from a draw against monaghan and a win on pelanties against armagh. Glass hasnā€™t trained since he was taken off ā€œas a precautionā€ against clare

1 Like

Just catching up on highlights of the Cork game, I listened on radio, jaysus gah is very dull on the radio.

Anyway Roscommon are very dull, you gotta live Corkā€™s pace of play when theyā€™re motoring, disappointing to hear that itā€™s a Galway man driving it but if thatā€™s whatā€™s neededā€¦

Anyway I havenā€™t read the thread, Iā€™m sure somebody knows for sure whether the last game winning free for Cork was actually a foul, it was an awful brain fart

2 Likes

20230626_112945

Thereā€™s no way theyā€™ll have three Ulster teams on the Saturday night. Derry/Cork and Tyrone/Kerry will be Saturday.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/gconnaughton15/status/1672617274581155841?t=nLWX4hwLTnMuiOJJsrNr7w&s=19

More a possession-winning free than a game-winning one where it was, still had a fair bit to do. Looks harsh enough there

1 Like

It was the winning of the game in fairness, Cork wouldnā€™t have had another shot otherwise Iā€™d say

Thereā€™s only certain teams that can do it successfully at crunch times

Thereā€™s either a really good, or really shite, team waiting to break out in this Cork team. I canā€™t decide which. They can play good stuff but had the Roscommon keeper not had a mare, theyā€™d still be well beaten

1 Like

There is no way that is a free, but the Rossie was fairly convincing in suggesting he had done a double hop there by accident. Hard to blame the referee for getting it wrong, but the Connacht sides seem to have had no luck with referees at all this summer.

3 Likes

Could you throw the ball over an opponents head and catch it on a hop on the other side, definitely not,

Is there a definitive rule on it, has it been discussed anywhere with a refereeing expert?

A bounce is to play the ball against the ground and catch it again. A throw is to play the ball away without a definite striking action. Iā€™d consider what the Rossie done to be a bounce or a fumble, I donā€™t know how it could be called a throw. The referee will have given the free because he thought he had done a double hop Iā€™m fairly sure, just by the way the player reacted.

2 Likes

The place would be wrecked.

The old adage for GAA refs of ā€œif it looks a bit weird, it must be a freeā€ applies here I think

7 Likes

That would be closer to how Iā€™d describe it, as in he threw the ball upwards and ahead of himself. Twas an unusual move to try in any case