2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Corrected :man_facepalming:t2:

Laois are as big as 20/1 to derail the Dublin juggernaut at the weekend. Look at it 20/1……

It’s akin to finding money on the road ……a 2 horse race and 20/1. By God!!!

If only they had the red haired Lawler lad and Hughie Emerson they’d bate the Dubs by 10 points.

There’s a blast from the past

I don’t think Stafford did a whole lot fwiw

We need a young cock of the walk Woolie truth be told.

The value bet is for both Small and Evan to be carded with one sent off

Maurice Sheridan

9-206 in the championship.

I’m trying to think of his nine goals off the top of my head.

Dublin 1991 penalty Game 1
Dublin 1991 from play Game 4
Offaly 1991 penalty

And that’s it.

You need 6 Beanos and 6 Tom Kellys, a couple at midfield and a stay at home goalie.

One Joe Higgins would nearly do

Maurice Sheridan
Edit . Just see @Cheasty beat me to it.

Sheridan is miles ahead of other mentioned IMHO

Complete lack of replayed footage on the GAA Go coverage so far. I’d imagine watching multiple matches on the INTERNET will be a serious test to must rural viewers Wifi limits.

On a positive note, Darren Frehill’s dulcet tones are horoughly enjoyable.

New York just about hanging in here.

Abolition of replays was voted in at Congress a few years back.

The revolution will not be televised.

My analysis of this year’s championships will be made on the basis of the comments of other people and the occasional radio commentary.

1 Like

Darren Frehill giving Niall Murphy an awful digging there. Said he had a nightmare against New York last year. He then proceeds to miss a close in free and feels the wrath of Dazzler again.

Touch of Barry Davies about that. The real top quality commentators know the game and aren’t afraid to criticise players for poor play. If Darren can start to actually recognise players and not single out the wrong ones like a Lansdowne Road crowd mistaking their Danish Peters he’ll be onto a good thing.

Is this game still going or is there five minutes of ads to watch before the feed comes on?

No half-time analysis yet. Stuck in a loop of pictures of a Mayo man and his Asian girlfriend, A Kilkenny father and daughter combo (presumably watching from home) and a crew Limerick/Clare Sheila’s watching last years clash in Ennis. A distraught looking red-haired Wexford fan was on screen for what felt like an eternity.

4 Likes

Sligo into All-Ireland series. It will be, as they say, a steep learning curve.
They could do OK in the Connacht final though.

@myboyblue

You still okay for the cup of tae tomorrow?

It’s not often us Dubs get on the road this time of year.

I’ll meet you in The Square Bar mate, the island is under construction.

1 Like

Kildare’s Operation Get Lucky has cleared its first major hurdles.

Cavan surrendered meekly enough to Armagh and Kerry, most unexpectedly, cruised to an 0-25 to 0-5 win over Tipperary in a game where the scoreline makes it obvious Kerry were instructed not to score a goal.

Kildare still have two hurdles still to clear, as in teams they need OUT.

One is Down tomorrow against Donegal. If Down win that, Kieran McGeeney’s men can still take care of business for his old team.

Kildare also need Louth or Westmeath to beat Meath or Offaly.

If Down lose tomorrow, Cork are safe. Unless Laois beat Dublin, that is.