2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Can’t see anything other than a Kerry win . There’ll be a savagery to them not seen before . They can’t lose another final to Dublin . Their history simply won’t allow it . It’s going to be brutal stuff.

Ryan was obviously told to take him out of it too.

Derry Manager seems like a good sort.

Quite a contrast

Agreed. When they were 1-14 to 1-12 up, their #12 had a woejus wide after his pace took him comfortably clear of the chasing defender after around 61/62 minutes. He even had time to steady himself before taking the kick on the run. He wasn’t straining or going at full pelt though and he was quite central only around 25 yards out. It was a crucial miss. The next score was that soft Kerry advantage free & then Derry lost the subsequent kick-out & conceded another pointed free. And then messed up the kick-out after that too.

Derry will be back.

They are close. Very close.

One or two more players from the bench would have got them over the line today.

2 Likes

The cavalry is coming. It’s coming like a fucking train. Should have won the U20 this year. Won the U17. Might not be fast enough for Chrissy and Brendan but it’s coming. Down a mile off still too. Derry will win All Irelands. Need a keeper too.

1 Like

Taking goal chances

1 Like

Keeper needs to go. Fucked up 3 of the last 4 kick outs

Brendy is only 29. So is McFaul and McKinless.

Age profile is very good outside Chrissy and Benny Heron.

Young McEvoy full back is going to be unreal.

Brendan has a lot of mileage on the machine and they dont use him sparingly either. Herron has been done a while. Poor aul Cassidy today :eyes:

The fixture scheduling of the club hurling this weekend afforded me the opportunity to head up to Dublin and go for a couple of pints with fellow neutral pals. We decided to invest in Derry bucket hats though to pledge our allegiances to the underdogs. A real missed opportunity for the Oak Leaf men like @glenshane and @peddlerscross. Hercules didn’t seem to get on much ball at all and Chrissy struggled on Clifford. A gallant effort overall though. There was a maverick Derry man in front of me going beserk at Dublin Joe in the second half. I couldn’t get over such a paltry attendance of 43k. The Big Tree was very quiet in comparison to last years quarter-final when it was brimming with opportunity and atmosphere.

On another note, commiserations to the Kilkenny backers here. They’ll get over the line and into intermediate soon. It seems to be a mainly Vegas populated starting team.

13 Likes

Did you get involved in any bust-ups on the Hill?

1 Like

There’s at least another two year window for Rogers, McKinless and McFaul.

I think Chrissy will give it one more go.

You might see Emmett Bradley back next year too. And Danny Tallon might have been of some use there in the last 5-10 minutes.

1 Like

That was a mighty battle between Clifford and McK today. A proper fair contest with two men going at it. No shame unit whatsoever. Not many will keep Clifford that quiet.

3 Likes

McKaigue is a warrior.

Lesser men would have looked for the curly finger at half time.

2 Likes

The greats back themselves to do the job til the very end. The truly greats do it. And do it fair.

1 Like

McKaigue is some man. An Achilles held together by sellotape and he still gives pure honesty of effort against a lad that will probably be the best ever. I’d have loved him to win Sam this year. Hope it isn’t the last we’ve seen of him for Derry.

9 Likes

The roasting he gave Connolly up in Newry in a club semi final was his standout performance for me. Connolly was practically unmarkable in club football at the time

2 Likes

Unreal.

4 from play from centre back marking Connolly.

It was the day the domino’s started to fall in Connolly’s career really.

1 Like