2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

You’d hope Clifford would have been smarter than to allow himself be turned into roadkill like that

3 Likes

Clifford gets well looked after by referees. He’s an important marketing asset to the gaa and doesn’t have to worry

1 Like

He worked hard to make himself so. You couldn’t let it be some skanger like Fitzsimons

Glad you’re in agreement with me.

If Glass dyes the hair he could become the Ulster poster boy. But while he stays a ginger, he’s got no chance son

When yesterday did Clifford get the rub of the green off Joe?

I agree with you, that was a free out.

What for? If it was a free out then it was also at least a yellow. Contrast that with clifford getting a free for losing possession. Joe decided to bring kerry back into that match

I haven’t seen eyes like this since the Temple Theatre back in the day.

1 Like

Which free was this?

Kerry and Clifford were hard done by with that shoulder on McGuigan who dropped like a ton of bricks, soft point to Derry and Clifford on a knife edge for the rest of the game.

Swings and roundabouts. These things even out over a season.

Twas like Toni Schumacher and Patrick Battiston

3 Likes

It’s so shit after every big gaa game nowadays all anybody can talk about is the ref and the mistakes he made.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s always been the way, mate.

I’ve never known it’s so bad as this year.

I know a free is a free is a free is a free. Or at least a free should be a free a free in theory. But I’m a strong advocate of the culture in American Football play-offs where the refs generally don’t call penalties/fouls (unless it’s a Philadelphia Eagles cornerback at the end of the Super Bowl). Just let them play. I think when these latter stage games are coming to boiling point then it really needs to be a clear free before referees intervene. When games are on a knife-edge, know your fucking place & let the players decide the game.

That’s why I was really wound up by that momentum sapping free Hurson gave for charging against the Galway defender (Daly?) at a pivotal moment late in last year’s final. Although not for the same specific offence, there were a couple of ref interventions in both semi-finals that were of that annoying variety. The free awarded to Stephen O’Brien to make it 1-14 to 1-13 for incidental contact after he palmed it across & Derry blocked the resulting shot was an awful one.

4 Likes

Kerry hadn’t scored in 20 minutes and hadn’t really looked like scoring yesterday until Joe intervened in the 65th minute. Derry were about to break up the field and the energy they got from that turnover might have helped get them the one more score they needed which would probably have broken Kerry.

A joke of a decision but much easier to take than what Kilmacud Crokes* did to Glen Maghera.

They weren’t mistakes. He decided to get kerry back into the game, awarded them imaginary frees and protected clifford while allowing the kerry cowards to take mcguigan out of it.
Would lynch have gotten away with an act like that on clifford? Not a hope, it would have been a straight red.

1 Like

Gough to get the final?

He’s well got in the corridors of Croke Park.

Brendan Cawley will get it.