2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

I knew Kerry Joe was finished at the top level when he was way off the pace in last years Ulster Club Final.

Hurson was doing linesman that day and really should have taken the whistle off him.

Exactly.

I saw Hurson getting praise for getting the big decisions right on Saturday night but he annoyed me too. And I say that as someone steeped in Raheny GAA.

3 Likes

As an aside, there’s a particular type of free that winds me up something terrible in these massive games when every score really counts.

It’s the one where a team is building up an attack around their own half back line or midfield & next thing the whistle goes & the ref is running purposefully into the full forward line and demonstratively holding his own jersey to signal jersey holding & gives a tap over free on the 14 yard line. They should allow for a bit of jostling, or even some pulling & dragging, like. It’s all part of the physical & mental combat.

6 Likes

Gough is a sucker for this.

Seeing something nobody else sees.

You’re only a pup

Derry scored the grand total of four (4) second half points yesterday - and the last one of those was accidental.

Simply
Not
Good
Enough

2 Likes

Sir Cliff wouldn’t like not getting them frees in, we can’t be having that

One in the first half was accidental too

Would you ever fuck off. If clifford had taken the abuse that mcguigan got derry would have walked it

At least you have your conspiracy angle to shorten the winter

4 Likes

Shows how much attention I was paying, I can’t remember any of those four playing for Derry.

5 Likes

Youre full of shit. Kerry went almost 20 minutes without scoring. Then Mcquillan had to step in with frees every time they lost posession, only for that it would have been 25 minutes

Derry squandered a few goal chances in that period when taking points would have had them out of reach. Kerry were there for the taking but Derry didn’t have the composure to do it. Something something victimhood though

Kerry also squandered chances and lost posession…but they were awarded frees to bring them back into it. Try being objective

McKinless’ goal chance. Ethan Doherty’s horrendous wide when two up. These are huge moments that Derry squandered. They let Kerry stay in the game. Such laziness to blame the ref after messing up multiple chances yourself.

We have the Classico now

I see losers blaming the officials, or the weather, or the other team having the temerity to actually train more than them, or use fucking tactics isn’t just confined to hurling

If anything McGuigan should have been booked for tackling Ryan in the air

I find the criticism of refs insufferable following hurling nowadays.

That’s right, i said that earlier. I also said that kerry needed the ref to get them to the final. Important to take the broad view.

it’s every game. it keeps the hamster spinning on the wheel for all the podcasts and talkshows and leeches around the game, they’re done speaking about the game as an entity very quickly and then on to some fabricated controversy