2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

They all need to have a long hard look at themselves so. I wouldn’t as much as look at a fella if he was at that carry on nevermind go into battle for them.

5 Likes

I wonder was that the real reason for Gallagher and Jimmy mcguinness falling out.

Anyway Rory will be handing back his brand new sponsored 5 series before the weekend is out.

2 Likes

Wiki knew

Sad that she had to put her trauma out in public in order for him to face consequences. Cunts will only do something now cos they’ll be shamed in to it, not cos they care.

1 Like

Could Malachy O’Rourke be brought in as interim manager @peddlerscross?

Or maybe one last hurrah for Mickey Moran at inter-county level?

I was going to mention Malachy’s name earlier alright. He would be a great steady hand until the end of the season - knows the players too and I’m sure he’d have Glen Maghera’s full backing.

I’m not sure he’d want it though in these circumstances.

Its a total mess for them now.

Would Joe take it on a short term basis? That would be BOX OFFICE.

1 Like

It’ll be Meenagh and Muldoon and Derry’s campaign will fizzle out to a last 12 exit.

Lose Sunday and they have a tough group dont they in the Super Sweet 16’s which they would be unlikely to top. All momentum will be lost then and the Slaughtneil/Glen players attention will turn towards the Club.

I don’t think anyone countenanced Derry losing on Sunday until this morning.

McGuiness will come in know.

If Derry lose on Sunday, they’ll be facing into a group schedule of:
Westmeath (H) May 20th/21st
Tyrone (A) June 3rd/4th
Galway (N) June 17th/18th

It would not be beyond the bounds of possibility to see a Derry team thrown into chaos lose to Westmeath.

Conversely, Armagh are suddenly looking at maybe getting a soft group which they’d expect to top and gain a seeded position for the All-Ireland quarter-finals.

I think the outcome on Sunday makes a real material difference for both teams’ championship prospects.

I’m sensing a post jose Chelsea scenario here, minus the support for the gaffer

The man for the job. The Gaffer.

The Derry GAA community needs to seriously look at itself if these allegations are true.

5 Likes

Derry’s foremost apiarist, farmer, educator and former football protege @glenshane might reluctantly be persuaded to guide the county fortunes for a few weeks. Desperate times and all that……

We couldn’t afford me

3 Likes

He really has, you know.

What were his clubs? He was with St. Brigid’s around 2003/04? There was talk of Dublin picking him for a while but Dublin don’t pick outsiders. When did he leave Brigid’s?

Then he went to Cavan and played for Crosserlough and Cavan.

Then Belfast. Then Donegal. Then Fermanagh, Then Derry. He was with Sligo IT for a while too.

I remember him scoring 2-9 in an Ulster championship game against Monaghan (2002 I think) but he was nowhere to be seen when Fermanagh reached the All-Ireland semi-final in 2004 or the Ulster final in 2008, nor his cousin Raymond, who was also a phenomenal footballer.

It’s a fascinating trajectory.

Jake La Motta became a big screen hero based on this kind of stuff. George Best and Alex Higgins are revered and always will be. I suppose none of them ever managed the Super Valu in Killybegs, which helped with the glamourous image.

Violence against women is a major topic up here at the minute, that poor woman killed in Lurgan before Christmas was an Armagh supporter and they have held events at games for her. There is no way he can be near Clones on Sunday, hopefully Derry county board and Gallagher aren’t even considering it as an option.

3 Likes

I’m starting to think this is a psy-op against @glenshane . I’m not even on facebook and ive more than one follower

Uh oh

Followers aren’t really a thing on Facebook, it’s friends but she has that private so you can’t see how many she has. If you go back through it you’ll see plenty of stuff that confirm its her page