2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

This is quite the bombshell so Iā€™ll break rank from my hiatus.

The allegations are horrendous and Iā€™m inclined to believe them due to the level of detail of the incidents, public places, witnesses such as the girl she said jumped on RGā€™s back after one attack.

On the other hand though, you have the fact that these allegations have seemingly been dealt with by courts/legal avenue and I canā€™t see any way they would grant a man accused of these things custody of children if they thought in any way they were credible. Surely there would be medical records and witness accounts in line with the allegations (such as the incident in Clones where she was admitted to hospital and a friend jumped on RG) that would make sure there would be no way custody would be granted to RG.

Without knowing what allegations have been dealt with through the police and if the process has concluded itā€™s hard to know. What is telling for me is that the level of support locally she seems to have got, they are both from Belleek I think and the support only seems to be one way there. But then her allegations should be supported through medical records and witness account and surely this all came up in custody hearings etc.

At the minute itā€™s a he said/she said thing and it puts the Derry County Board in an awful position. The allegations are of a horrific nature and if true he should be jail but it seemingly looks like these allegations may have been investigated by authorities and no action was taken over them. A lot of this we simply donā€™t know.

Iā€™d say thereā€™s a very good chance if Gallagher takes the line Sunday, someone vigilante could jump in from the crowd and attack him. He will become a negative/distracting presence now irrespective of whether there is anything to the allegations or not. By issuing that statement he has put the county board in a very tough position.

There was also no full denial of the allegations from Gallagher but Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s more of a Iā€™m not even going to these allegations the light of day they are that absurd type tactic and more of a reference that if there was anything credible to them I would not have custody.

Iā€™m inclined to believe her but surely this would have been dealt with by the courts in the custody hearing?

5 Likes

It hasnā€™t - Solicitors released it to whichever media asked for comment

Iā€™m also surprised at the way this was supposedly common knowledge well before now. Lots of people saying they had known for a while but surely it would be a lot more publicised.

It was the first I had heard of it and I doubt many people knew the full extent of the rumours outside of the Donegal/Fermanagh border area until yesterday. Gallagher is generally a very disliked man outside of these allegations so it would, mainly due to his conduct on the sideline and people see him as one of those coaches who chased the Ā£Ā£Ā£ so sometimes you tend to dismiss any rumours outside the game as people who just a general dislike for him.

1 Like

Gallagher should step away himself if heā€™s a brain. Heā€™s not helping the team by being there.

No. The only thing we know for certain is that he was granted full residence north and south. Everything else is speculation, ideology etc. Some loon just remarked that he didnā€™t deny the allegationsā€¦so what if he did, would that have made any difference to the poster in question?

That post pretty much sums it up and would be in line with my own thoughts on the matter.

There are absolutely no winners here.

At this rate of digging in I can see Derry adding Paddy Jackson to the coaching ticket.

1 Like

The timing of her posting what she did would also make sense if the legal route had been concluded. Iā€™d imagine she probably felt that it failed her and publicising the allegations is her only route of getting some sort of justice against her abuser.

We just donā€™t know the fully story and all we can do is make judgements that will most likely be impacted on whatever bias we may bring into proceedings. Those with more first hand knowledge will be a lot more solid in their judgements.

In fairness sid youā€™ve proven yourself all too eager to tell lies about domestic violence and @rocko has shown himself all to eager to tolerate your behaviour.

DERRY V ARMAGH

The Wife Beaters v The Kiddie Fiddlers

The Pub Brawlers v The Eye Gougers

GIANTS WILL CLASH

3 Likes

It could be the greatest Ulster final atmosphere ever if the Buckfast Brigade and the London Boys are interrupted by the Angry Women Of Ulster marching on St Tiernachā€™s Park to get their man, fire and brimstone in their bellies, Bernadette Devlin like. Clones wonā€™t have seen anything like it since a very drunk Dublin supporter ran onto the pitch and urinated all over it at half-time in the 2003 qualifier between Dublin and Derry. Rory Gallagher might have to run all the way to Fermanagh, possibly taking refuge in Arlene Fosterā€™s house. Or he might end up like Kevin Lunney.

1 Like

I wonder has there been any comment yet from any former Derry footballers?

McFaul and Gallagher in same dressing room.

Armagh will be the neutralā€™s choice for once.

2 Likes

Kids taken off her cos she had hit the drink due to the abusive relationship. Hits it harder after kids taken off her. His statement has me believing her even more. Am sure itā€™d be easy enough to verify the attacks.

4 Likes

ā€œAllegations against me have been investigated and dealt with by the relevant authoritiesā€

That isnā€™t much of a denial.

2 Likes

1994/95 was English footballā€™s ā€œseason of sleazeā€.

2023 is the GAAā€™s ā€œseason of shameā€.

Fake cancer scams by a con man, illegal substitutions by the countryā€™s biggest club, two decades of paedophilia at the countryā€™s most successful club, Boston bar brawls, drink driving cover ups, stewards taking selfies with bereaved players, wife beating being exposed on Facebook.

Itā€™s like the Jerry Springer Show (Ar dheis DĆ©).

3 Likes

Why would he issue a denial? Would you fellas expect a man in that position to enter into some sort of public slagging match?

Ulster final always feels like a game that is better when played in foul weather
Heavy rain, heavy tackles a few rumbles of thunder and lots of mouthing off going on.

3 Likes

Sweep sweep

1 Like