2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Incorrect again, we don’t have a denial of the allegations.

3 Likes

Like most, i don’t think this is an either/or scenario. Both can be (and for me probably are true). As Fulvio said, the detail in her statement is too particular for me for it to be entirwly invented.
The situation with the court case is different. The court’s job is to decide custody. Thats it. If it concludes that they are in more danger from her behaviour than his then its no surprise hed get kids. He may have been beating her but not them basically. She may have been a mess during the time of proceedings. Thats their job. And immediate family is always seen as the best option. So if he’s not beating them then it won’t neccessarily affect his case for custody. Remember the kids have a right to see their dad too.
I’ve a good mate in a scenario like this. He is up in court awaiting proceedings for domestic abuse. He had to go to court for rights to see his kid. They went through various family courts etc as she wouldnt let him see kids. He eventually won rights to have full custody for 5 days every fortnight. Obviously the court knew he was accused of domestic violence but still saw fit to give him his own share of custody.

6 Likes

Was he convicted/exonerated or is it still before the courts? Surely there would be stipulations if the case was unresolved pending the outcome or the chance of it being reversed pending the outcome?

What’s your view on Paddy Jackson’s case being dealt with by the authorities

I thought the verdict was wrong given the testimony and evidence given in court that was made public.

But you’d accept that the matter has been determined and finally resolved so is closed.

Yes but I have my views on the verdict judging from what we heard during the court case.

As I said I’m more inclined to believe her side of things but there is so much unknown out there and right now all we have are allegations and denials and little of actual substance to determine, merely our own bias.

1 Like

That’s fair enough.

I think he’ll step aside tonight.

There is a difference between being innocent and not guilty.

Beat your wife so bad she becomes an unfit mother. That neatly sums up the law.

1 Like

Indeed. it Seems to depend on whether a person supports their team or not

I mean from a legal standpoint, a person could have committed a crime but due to lack of evidence found not guilty, versus someone who did not commit a crime. The statement today sounds like the former.

Nah legally you enjoy the presumption of innocence until proven guilty so you’re innocent.

However because you’re innocent doesn’t mean you didn’t do what you’re accused of. It’s interesting the statement doesn’t call allegations untrue.

Still before courts. He has been convicted of one thing he is appealing, a seperate follow on from the initial one. His appearance for the initial thing has seen court a few times, but is now slated for july 2024. The law is a fucking basket case and lawyers and judges make out like bandits. He’s had more shit postponed than you could imagine. Barrister needs time, judge making a protest, garda cant appear, other cases run over etc. Barristers get paid every day no matter. Its fucking madness.

1 Like

I really thought that’s what his statement was going to be this morning, seems that he is determined to see this out so unless Derry ask him to step aside he won’t be going anywhere.

Clones will be a red, raw coliseum come 4pm on Sunday.

It’ll be all that but it’s too early in the year for the day of boiling sun, 28 degrees heat and the heads burned of baldy lads. Oh there’ll be a grand nip of hate and hatred but you’d need the boiling hot temperatures to get the most out of it…

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard the domestic abuse rumours. Plenty of others ones doing the rounds though, and the level of hatred for him in the Kilcar region is a bit of a giveaway. I do believe there are those that would remain fans of him at the same time.

The court could have been tied by lack of concrete evidence. I wouldn’t have any faith in social services in the North to properly assess the suitability of a parent to be awarded custody. A few cases I’ve seen where one parent is in rehab have resulted in the kids being sent to a home with little or no checks being completed.

1 Like

The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said it had “investigated a number of reported incidents and files have been submitted to the Public Prosecution Service”.

The Public Prosecution Service (PPS) received two investigation files from the PSNI in January 2022 and June 2022.

It was determined there was not enough evidence to provide a reasonable prospect of conviction in relation to any individual, with the decisions made in accordance with the PPS’ test for prosecution.

Wonder if the Gardai had similar investigations as the more specific allegations seemed to happen that side of the border.