2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

He had the Kilcar Seniors for a year in 2014?

Youā€™d wonder how he lasted the bones of a decade in Donegal with the Super Valu and everything.

Hard to see him being on the side line on Sunday

Yesterday I was convinced there was no chance of that prospect.

Today Iā€™m convinced he is going to go ahead and do so unless heā€™s stood down.

Yeah, I have to say I donā€™t find this surprising aa he comes across as the most stubborn cunt on Earth.

And thatā€™s coming from me.

5 Likes

He certainly has had a career as a journey man.

Played intercounty for Fermanagh & Cavan, involved with Donegal and Derry at management level, played club football with teams in Dublin & Antrim plus, Iā€™m guessing, his home club in Fermanagh.

He has been everywhere. I donā€™t know if heā€™s guilty or not but his presence alone could incite a riot.

2 Likes

There has to be a chance someone jumps the fence and goes to hit him.

Even without the allegations he does enough prick acting on the sideline to drive the opposition mad.

Thereā€™s no way he should be involved on Sunday.

2 Likes

4pm start, fans drinking all day, capacity crowd, claustrophobic atmosphere. Imagine a contentious decision in front of him with the game in the balance.

Derry top brass need to step in here and tell him to sit this one out.

1 Like

Her fatherā€™s shop

It was alluded to on here yesterday how he missed the Fermanagh run in 2004 and the 2008 Ulster final. The fact that heā€™d have only been 26 back in 04ā€™ makes it all the more unusual that he decided to leave the panel.

I had Sam 02ā€™ on an old video. He was majestic for Fermanagh that season in a victory over Monaghan. Liam 01ā€™ was another favourite of mine back then. Eamon Creganā€™s iconic ā€œmediaā€ interview featured in it. I canā€™t imagine a Sam 23 with unlimited coverage of the Super 16 group stage would sell too quickly.

1 Like

Fans from South Armagh in attendance too.

Fuck me but this could very well be the provincial final to beat them all.

be great to see violence at it

2 Likes

The sledging will be unreal.

1 Like

ā€œgā€™way and bate the wifeā€ should get a few Derry lads going

Last years Ulster Club final had a tremendous undercurrent of needle and bitterness but this could be like it on steroids.

Iā€™d say thereā€™s a few lads on them too

A monaghan midfielder emulated the cowardly assault on glas ā€¦id say armagh will follow

That Uster GAA statement is a disgraceful pile of wank, in all fairness.

If youā€™re going to take a stand (which of course they arenā€™t) then take a stand. Donā€™t dress it up as an appeal to supporterā€™s behaviour and hide your agenda in a sub-statement. I am not aware of any issues at Ulster championship games thus far. Either own it or fuck off away from something that you, or very few else, know anything about.

It seems to me to be a watery attempt to force the hand of Derry GAA. This is an unsavoury and a deeply unpleasant matter, but one about which very few actual facts are known. Yes, there are strong opinions, but based on what? - the words of separate, affected and hurt factions.

None of us know the true picture. Neither, I suspect, do Ulster GAA and in the absence of same should keep their traps shut. Itā€™s almost like they are trying to provoke a situation.

1 Like

Poor fuckers are kinda damned if they say nowt too. Without knowing the full facts the best they could do was a watery statement.

Without knowing the full facts, you say nothing.

That statement is designed to force Derryā€™s hand. Nothing else.