2023 Club Championships

Kilmallock played O’Loughlin Gaels in Fethard over the weekend. It’s becoming the go to place for BOICMC

1 Like

It is already building up its own tradition as a proper boutique venue for the BOICMC.

As an aside, the first refresh of my Club Hurling Power Rankings for the 2023/24 season will be released tomorrow.

The Football will follow on Wednesday.

7 Likes

Official @peddlerscross Hurling Power Rankings as of 01/08/2023.

1. Ballyhale Shamrocks
  2. Ballygunner
  3. Slaughtneil
  4. Na Piarsaigh
  5. Dunloy
  6. Kilmacud Crokes*
  7. St. Thomas’s
  8. Naas
  9. Ballyea
  10. St. Finbarr’s
  11. Sarsfields (Galway)
  12. Kilmallock
  13. O’Loughlin Gaels
  14. Na Fianna
  15. Loughmore Casteliney
  16. Loughrea
  17. Tullaroan
  18. Kilcormac Killoughy
  19. St. Martin’s
  20. Patrickswell
7 Likes

Fuckin hell

2 Likes

Na Fianna in the top 20? What’s your reasoning there? I know they’ve been building the last few years but they’ve never won a championship.

Personally, I’d have O’Loughlin Gaels higher as they are the team most likely to take out Ballyhale

Ballygunner laugh at you.

The man himself has Ballyhale marked as “depleted”, from which I would surmise they could be there for the taking in Kilkenny.

They should have won the last two Dublin County Final’s, particularly the 2021 version.

Brian Ryan from Limerick a big addition but I think Donal Burke is out for a while.

Ballyhale are depleted and may well be taken out early this year (if and when they are, then Ballygunner should win the All Ireland at a canter) but until they are beaten, it would be foolish to have them anywhere else but number 1.

Sars ahead of Loughrea is a fascinating choice. I’d love to gain your insights on any moving and shaking you’ve been made aware of in Bullaun.

1 Like

I’m not disputing that, I am just making the argument that I would have O’Loughlin Gaels rated above teams like St Finbarr’s or Ballyea seeing that they would not have to take on Ballygunner in provincial competition, and as the team most likely to topple Ballyhale in Kilkenny.

But, but, but even if (and its a huge if) OLG, beat Ballyhale, i wouldn’t have them favourites to beat Kilmacud Crokes* or Naas for that matter in Leinster.

No Kilkenny team bar Ballyhale have done anything in Leinster in well over a decade.

Kilcormac Killoughy are the huge unknown in all of this.

They are like a green, unexposed chaser who barely ran as a novice but now moving into open company for the first time.

Ballyhale are Kauto Star and Ballygunner are Denman.

1 Like

Still carrying a few lads that are gone past it. I would think in two years they will be very strong and a Leinster club definitely possible. St Rynaghs going well enough this year and are capable of one last push before the team falls away,

You’ll really enjoy how i rank the Galway football clubs tomorrow.

1 Like

The Power Rankings get the people talking. A noble addition to the forum.

15 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before K/K dominate but how they manage the influx of players is important. They remind me a lot of Ballyboden looking from the outside. It was clear for years that they were the “best” team in Dublin and had huge numbers but continuously fell when teams put it up to them and timbered them. Ciarans in 01 for example. When they finally got their act together they rattled off 5 in a row relatively easy.

1 Like

That’s fair. What’s the draw like for the Leinster club?

Tradition counts for a lot in club competition; OLG have 2 Leinster Senior Club hurling titles whereas Naas or Kilmacud Crokes* have never won one