2023 Club Championships

I’m heading for Dublin. Pity it clashed now because that would be a good day

Fucking split season

Fucking Kerry county board and their blatant disregard for their best product

1 Like

Is there a draw for semi-finals or pre-determined?

Looked like Ballyduff had the two Boyles inside? Hard to hold them if they get the right ball in.

Kilmoyley Crotta. Lixnaw Ballyduff.

Two deaf dogs of games.

I predicted Kilmoyley and Ballyduff to be the two best teams at the start and I’ll stick with that. But nothing would surprise really

Tipperary County Champions Kilruane McDonagh’s defeated Midleton of Cork by 4-21 to 3-18 last night on the Box Office Industries Challenge Match Circuit.

5 Likes

Any updates on Thurles Sarsfields recent endeavours on the BOICMC?

Their Second Team beat Ballygunner Intermediates a couple of weeks back which would be a good line of form.

Havent heard much about their Senior Team bar their Mid Championship campaign.

Have you got something to share with the Forum?

I believe they were handed their tae in a mug by both Clough Ballacolla and Rathdowney Errill in recent weeks.

1 Like

Ballyboden played Erin’s Own in Clonoulty last night. I haven’t heard a result yet

1 Like

Obviously Hammersley is the ‘link’ to Clonoulty but that’s an incredibly exotic Challenge Match pairing and venue for a Wednesday evening.

5 Likes

Some real HOF’s on display at Dundrum GC this week.

Would those two & Camross be the favourites for the title?

Borris In Ossory/Kilcotton also.

They are the big 4.

I’d go

Clough Ballacolla
Carmoss
Rathdowney Errill
Borris Kilcotton

But BK are hanging by a thread and look to be weak this year. Clough Ballacolla have come back to the field somewhat and Willie Hyland looks retired, but they’ve a few young lads stepping up from last years Minor team and were considerably better than everyone last year.

Camross won the Leinster League and the ACHL 1 and look in fine fettle. Zane looks done too, but they have some good talent through from the minor winning side of 2 years ago and have the usual Camross hard hooredness to them. They may be back.

Rathdowney Errill have all the talent in the world, but for some reason cant seem to put it together. Dont seem to have much coming through but have a solid cohort of mid to late 20s and it seems also have the luckless Mark Kavanagh back, 4 knee operations and a wand as I heard a lad say once about him.

Borris Kilcotton have a few absentees, not least Joe Campion and have never recovered from losing back to back titles to Clough Ballacolla in their 1-2 of the three in a row. The second one in particular stung real bad. They’ve not been going well at underage in recent years, and havent added a huge amount either.

Of the rest, The Harps look best placed, but their 2 best players seem to be abroad, so thats a big hit. But they are a club coming like a train and will win titles over the next decade.

The wildcard will be Abbeyleix, chalk it down

Actually the power balance in Laois seems to be pivoting both Abbeyleix and The Harps have been dominating the underage and have a huge amount of young talent through. You’d have to think they’ll come at some stage if they get the management side of it right.

But, then there’s Camross. They’re due one.

5 Likes

Two groups of 4, with 3 emerging so this is far from fatal for CB but a good start from RE

Na Piarsaigh of Limerick beat Sixmilebridge of Clare the other night in the "Game of the Week™” on the Box Office Industries Challenge Match Circuit.

A good confidence booster for Caherdavin men as they look to defend their Limerick crown and make another stab at Munster and All Ireland.

1 Like

Nap would of been down all county lads obviously & the bridge sure must of been near full strength

County men were released for the game

Na Piarsaigh still very strong.

Adrian Breen, David Dempsey, Kevin Downes, Ronan Lynch etc.

I’m hearing The Dow will be in goals this year.

1 Like