2023 Club Championships

Loughmore are the best positioned in Tipp to give Munster a rattle though.

If Loughmore were taken out, i dont think you could make a strong case for anyone else in Tipp to be Top 20 as much as i hate to say it.

Yes.

What county championships are Clubber covering? The annual pass looks a serious bit of value

Wouldn’t give the Barrs much of a chance. Ben O’Connor a huge loss.

Draws up on the Leinster and Munster Gaa websites now. Actually just the Leinster have the full draw. Munster only the dates. If I remember correctly Munster had them up a lot earlier last year.

1 Like

I’d have Clarinbridge as a dark horse. Is that younger Niland brother eligible? David Burke got a cruciate injury and the loose impression I form is that St. Thomas’s are probably on a downward arc.

Niland is ineligible.

Thomas’s are on a downward spiral alright and hence they are tumbling down the Rankings. They’d have been Top 4 this time last year.

David Burke could be back yet.

Thomas’s lads have tradition of doing ACL’s in the springtime and being back for County Finals in November.

Fintan Burke and Shane Cooney being classics of this genre.

Tipp and Waterford anyway and think Kerry too.

Great value if you have decent Internet.

Na Piarsaigh would bate all round Slaughtneil

The Doon lads will be seething

They’re always seething

Opening round of the Laois SFC completed over the weekend.

Graigue smoked by an understrength O’Dempseys, you’d wonder about Ryan and them, flaky townies.

Portlaoise smoked by St Josephs, finally after 6 attempts in recent years. You’d wonder where Portlaoise are going, no scorers, but lots of athletic runny type fellas. Not pretty.

Ballyroan Abbey smoked Park, as expected, but not easily. Ballyroan have pucks of talent though and are coming like a train alongside Abbeyleix in the hurling, using much of the same players.

Stradbally smoked Courtwood, thanks to a stronger bench due to lads being away on a stag the week before. Sometimes things just fall right for you.

Portarlington smoked Ballyfin, despite starting without 9 of the starting 15 from the previous years final for various reasons. Tessio appears to have them purring. If they get to the latter stages further unscathed and get the lads back, they’ll walk it.

Killeshin smoked The Heath, small bit of a surprise as they didnt look to be going well and were without Eoin Lowry.

The wily aul Arles Killeen smoked Clonaslee thanks to Paul Kingston and few younger bucks breaking through. Donie limped off after 5 minutes, he’s had a horrendous few years with injury. Could be winding down.

Emo smoked Rosenallis. Rosenallis are the sole dual senior club in Laois, working off much of the same players and it might be starting to take its toll.

Draw for next round has been very kind to the likes of Portlaoise so I expect to see them back in the 3rd round fighting for a final 8 place. Graigue and The Heath could be tasty.

Laois SFC Round 2 Winner’s Section

Portarlington v Stradbally
Killeshin v Arles-Killeen
Emo v O’Dempsey’s
St Joseph’s v Ballyroan-Abbey

Laois SFC Round 2 Loser’s Section

The Heath v Graiguecullen
Park-Ratheniska v Courtwood
Portlaoise v Rosenallis
Ballyfin v Clonaslee-St Manman’s

As for the Intermediate, it looks between Crettyard, Ballylinan and Ballyroan Abbey’s second team (coming like a train I tells ya).

Cretty had a dingdong battle with Gary Walshes Ballylinan, with Garys boys smoking them in the end. But Cretty were without Evan O Carroll, so expect them to bounce back with a win over a weak enough looking Timahoe side who lost Damien O Connor to a very bad injury early on as they were smoked by Ballyroan Abbey (train - coming).

The wily Arles Kilcruise look to be regenerating and smoked Mountmellick, who like Graigue appear to have the soft townie tag wrapped up.

Portlaoises second team smoked O’Dempseys second team, but no one really cared.

Ballylinan Ballyroan Abbey should be a dinger you’d feel.

Laois IFC Round 2 Winner’s Section

Ballylinan v Ballyroan-Abbey
Arles-Kilcruise v Portlaoise

Laois IFC Round 2 Loser’s Section

Mountmellick v O’Dempsey’s
Timahoe v Crettyard

6 Likes

Can this be called the Smoked/Smokers section?

By God.

Smoking post :clap:

1 Like

Anyone without Tullaroan #2 in Kilkenny wasn’t paying attention last year.

The Power Rankings are far more nuanced than just taking last years Kilkenny SHC into account.

He has the at #3 behind OLG too. James Stephen’s perhaps slightly unfortunate not to make the cut.

A brave move by @peddlerscross to discount Brian Cody.

Is that a team from Wexford slipping in near the bottom?! :eyes:

1 Like