2023 Club Championships

Ripping a muscle off the bone changes your life. You can’t drive or work for a month or two. It’ll be 12 months before you’d trust a sprint, if you ever do again and even at that he’s not getting paid to play. Its not his job.

2 Likes

Most players should be clever enough to know a week on the lash in Spain in august won’t result to county finals.

2 Likes

Yes and if they need a charter to be time this they won’t be getting there anyway

You don’t think if he had even a 40/60 chance of playing he would have togged ? A player that commited to the game and his club on the verge of history . He’s obviously miles off it and mature enough to know it

1 Like

It wouldntbe his call anyway. Even if he said he’s ready. A good manager would weigh it up with the physios who are looking after the rehab and make sure he was ready. The days of firing an injured lad in corner forward on one leg are long gone hopefully

2 Likes

Sure that is gospel as Dalo said in his pod/article after hearing it in his pub 200 miles from Glasnevin.

1 Like

Are you really a GAA player if you’re not willing to risk the ability to walk or run in your retirement years for the chance of winning an aul pot?

https://twitter.com/AnalysisGaa/status/1730977834116514106?t=mnlyS8BWdwCqk_qD28p8iw&s=19

Ray is some WUM.

What really surprises me is that there are lads here basing their whole knowledge of club hurling outside their native county on idle pub talk from Landers and Dalo.

They’d be a lot better be tuned into sages like @peddlerscross. Back in June/July he was telling us about how OLG were priming themselves for Dublin opposition in a game vs St Vincents where Diarmuid Connolly was smoking on and off the pitch. I’m fairly sure @peddlerscross had it a while back that Burke was out till 2024 also.

7 Likes

He’s only as good as his contacts. I’d imagine if they got into the hands of Dalo or Landers they wouldn’t know what to do

Painful bollox of a fella

2 Likes

True that.

I had been tipping up Na Fianna for Leinster (without Donal Burke) at huge odds from as far back as when the Dublin SHC was still at the Group Stages.

They may well have come up one point short in the Final yesterday still i had a few @Limerick’s taking a pop at me last night saying i hadn’t a notion.

It was a great shout even if i do say so myself but this is what you are dealing with sometimes on TFK.

7 Likes

Peddlers tipped Na Fianna to win Leinster at 22/1 when it was the group stages in Dublin or something. They end up losing the provincial final by one point in a gutting defeat that could have gone either way, & muldoons are piping up to have a go at him for a lack of knowledge. It’s disgusting to read. We’re incredibly fortunate that @peddlerscross chooses to share his insight on this forum.

15 Likes

My goodness, I quoted @Fat_Pox before getting down to your post. Very well said pal.

1 Like

Most likely they did agree to it because none of them had the guts to object to it in front of anybody else, and then when they got home they were all pissed off at their gutlessness, which is why it was leaked.

1 Like

Undoubtedly

This is proper Club Chat here on TG4.

RTE would never go into this detail.

I’d say Brídeens might make a game of this

Jesus i didnt think it was possible but “The Hyde” looks even grimmer with the camera at the other side.

2 Likes

My god the main stand never felt that far away from the pitch itself. Looks weird seeing it that far away