2023 Club Championships

Pairc Tallchin, St Tiernach’s Park or Kingspan Breffni probably all on the table. All sorts of permutations.

I think you’re underestimating crokes influence in Croke Park.

It will be on the first week in January so floodlights are essential.

Cahair O’Kane is calling for Newry so if that’s good enough for him, its good enough for me.

Crokes* will do all they can for Croke Park no doubt.

Fine floodlights in Laois Hire O’Moore Park. I’d say its a done deal.

I predict that the new stadium in Louth will join the growing list of boutique venues for Club games in 2 years time.

1 Like

Vinnies went up to Newry to play Slaughtneil in a semi-final a year or two back.

Thurles then for Haven v Brigids?

Páirc HCMC?

Fuck it into Ennis, be grand.

Slaughtneil walked all over them too.

Chrissy took Dermo for 4 points from centre back.

7 seasons ago now.

1 Like

Mightn’t be big enough to take the crowd.

1 Like

Why did you play him so?

Has to be a neutral venue…so can’t be in galway

What’s HCMC? I only see it referred to as Stáid Lú on their website

The narrative the Kilmacud Crokes* apologists try to create is bizarre.

Rmember last year they said there should be no replay on the basis that Walsh/Mannion barely scored from play in the original game.

As if Glen weren’t bloody well entitled to shut those two out.

1 Like

For the craic.

Ho Chi Min City

1 Like

Does Danny Tallon tog with the Derry team? He’s a savage player and has been for Glen over the past two years.

Glass was absolutely phenomenal. Doherty’s, Eunan Mulholland, McFaul, Warnock, Tallon all outstanding in second half. Their semi vs KC is basically the final now. Bit of a BG-Ballyhale vibe about it from last winter.

2 Likes

No Tallon hasnt played for Derry since the Covid Championship.

Funnily enough Glen would have had more starters for Derry back then before they started winning County Championships than they do now.

The Mulholland’s have an interesting enough backstory. Their Grandfather was one of the main men with Charles J Haughey in the Arms Trial back in the 1970’s.

1 Like

Scotstown are probably the 3rd strongest club team in Ireland at present. You’d fancy them to beat St Brigids or Castlehaven. Christ Brigids only beat Mohill by 2 points and having seen the Leitrim final on TG4 I wasn’t impressed with Mohill at all.

1 Like