2023 Club Championships

Kevin Cassidy fairly bet into a jersey and a pair of O Neills shorts here on TG4 in the Comortas.

Interesting to see what Glenties bring to the party today in the Senior Final.

Nobody in Ulster will fancy playing them later in the year if they get out of Donegal.

The tones manager has lost the head badly there and let himself down. ET to come

To be fair Kilcoo have 7 or 8 lads with Down, and not a club that seems to have great depth at the least.

They’ll be fine

1 Like

Kilmoyley topple county champions Causeway in the first game in the group of death in Kerry. Ardfert also in the group probably 3 of the best 4 or 5 teams in it.
3 team group two through.
Ballyduff bate the bollix out of Ballyheigue last night. The team to beat I would say
Abbeydorney beat Crokes handy enough as would be expected but they are going well this year and won the league there lately

1 Like

The Kerry County Hurling championship is the most Box Office of them all.

It’s unrale. Only 9 teams. Probably two duds. Two that haven’t won it in yonks but are improving and would be hoping to break their famines and 5 there or abouts every year.

1 Like

The famous Boyle family of Ball’duff who have something mental like 40 county medals between 6 brothers and the father had another landmark moment this weekend as Mikey’s son came on as a sub and played with him.

Edit this is from 2017. They won that year. So they have 41

"The Boyle family are chasing their own milestone, with Mikey, Padraig, Aidan, and Liam looking to swell the family’s collection of silverware.

Dad Liam is the proud owner of 10 county medals stretching across three decades, while of the six brothers, Colm, now retired, has seven, Kenneth, also retired, has five, with Mikey, Aidan, and Liam boasting four each. Completing the lot is Padraig who has three county SHC medals to his name. That brings the family total to 37."

Causeway bounced back and bate the tar out of Ben O Connors Ardfert. Ardfert were down to 14 for a lot of the second half but apparently were fairly hapless anyway. This is Ben’s second year with them and his third championship match over the two years. He is 0/3. He is on €250 a session. They made the county final the year before he came in
Kerry championship, box office.

They will play Kilmoyley next and barring they beat Kilmoyley and run up a massive score they are out.

The other two groups are settled except to see who gets top spot as the two also rans Crokes and Ballyheigue are both out after losing their two games.

2 Likes

When are the power rankings out @peddlerscross?

Kerry hurling championship has started while the Wex and Carlow ones are about to.

You’re eager :grinning:

As previously announced, the first refresh of the 2023/2024 Club Hurling Power Rankings in association with Box Office Industries will be released just after the 8.30am news on Tuesday August 1st.

The Club Football Power Rankings will be released a day later (for maximum media coverage)

Don’t worry, no Hurling teams in the Kerry, Wexford or Carlow clay court style, mid-Summer Blitz’s will be next nor near my Top 20 Power Rankings anyway so I can afford to sit back and relax for another few weeks.

1 Like

I thought St Mullins or MLR might get in.

I’ll need to check in with @ChairmanDan to see if Chris Nolan or Marty Kavanagh are around and tearing it up this summer which could change my mind but as of now I don’t have either in my Provisional List.

Surprising to see Dr Crokes gone so early in the Kerry SHC, AOM’s tenure a failure? Or will he get a second season?

I’m fairly sure both lads are around after their sojourn last year.

St Mullins v Ballinkillen tomorrow night to get the Carlow SHC underway.

How did the Box Office Industries practice match between Drom & Inch and Mount Sion go @peddlerscross?

I didn’t hear a result only what was publicised online.

@StoneCold should hopefully enlighten us, otherwise I’ll have to make a few phone calls.

A 3 point win for Mount Sion but very little information other than that as to who showed any form or Mount Sion lineup.

1 Like

I appreciate the subject matter was county senior hurling champinship medals but you left out that near all of them played senior hurling for kerry and a load of them played minor and\or under 21 football for Kerry

Their uncle on the mothers side, Pat Moriarty was probably a better hurler than all of them and won 4 in a row with Causeway in the early 1980s and played railway cup hurling with Munster

Liam junior son Evan looks some prospect, kerry minor football midfielder last 2 years and captain this year, a better hurler

Ballyduff are very strong at minor hurling this year and the last 5 or 6 years, with the third generation on the way through, the Boyle’s will nudge close to 50 medals before too long

1 Like