2023 Club Championships

Only you will know the answer to that

3 Likes

Would I be right in saying that DLS are the first club team ever to wear GPS trackers on live TV?

No.

Go onā€¦.

Are Ballygunner maligned? Thereā€™s something a bit soulless about watching them though, like Manchester City in soccer. Is there a senior team in any county, hurling or football that has the deck as stacked in their favour with all the advantages Ballygunner have?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve def seen it beforeā€¦canā€™t remember who exactly.

Most certainly not

1 Like

Probably more maligned on TFK and outside Waterford alright.

Lots of Waterford people i know donā€™t mind them winning as they tend to just get on with it.

That De la Salle full back has got some roasting from Kevin Mahony.

A quick bit of research there tells me that premiership players use tracker vests. Probably more expensive than ones sown into the jersey. So youā€™d never know who might or might not be wearing them.

What do Limerick wear?

Sure half the crowd is the Ballygunner backroom team.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve all been chipped.

It was the only sensible solution to keep track of them in the off-season

No surprise to see the BG captaincy go back to Mahony/Oā€™Keefe after Dessie and Ian Kennyā€™s reign ended in disappointment last year.

Ballygunner have now done 10 in a row, beating Mount Sionā€™s nine in a row from 1953 to 1961.

I imagine @Fagan_ODowd feels like Celtic fans would have felt had Walter Smithā€™s Rangers not lost two of their last four league games in 1998 to blow the Scottish Premier Division title.

One of my D5 neighbours, Tony Dunne, is in charge of Vincentā€™s afaik. I used to chat GGA in a socially distant manner with him on one of the local communal green spaces back in the 1km/2km/5km (delete as appplicable) Covid restriction days. I donā€™t see as much of him these days but he was telling me a few months back he was looking after the seniors & he hadnā€™t tempted Connolly backā€¦yet.

1 Like

Sean Kelly (Rule 42) of all people was sitting just in front of me in Walsh Park. I was having a chat with him at half time and he remarked that there was a bigger crowd at the Kerry Hurling Final. County finals typically attract a lot of neutral support. The scale of the Ballygunner dominance is such that there are very few neutrals going to watch them in Waterford.

1 Like

Ballymun Kickhams v Kilmacud Crokes now in two weeks.

I assume TFK will be behind the good guys.

There are no good guys there

3 Likes