2023 Club Championships

Stacks and Fossa gone to penalties.
Stacks subbed the goalie before the last play of the game.

Fossa win, Stacks missed 3 penalties.

2 Likes

What a win for Fossa. Fairytale stuff. Clifford with once again one of the all time performances.

That last shot to level it. Holy shit.

1 Like

Fair play to them, that’s some win.

Pretty much the same as inter county championship season.

Squeeze the vast majority of it into six weeks snd then it’s barren land for the rest of the year.

Was it seven weeks from Waterford to Clare for Limerick. 5 games.

Then 2 games in 6 weeks.

An utterly awful system.

@peddlerscross Can we please remove those Salthill weasels from the prestigious Club Football Power Rankings? Their presence is no longer warranted after being dismantled by 0-9 to 0-8 on their own pitch at the weekend.

I was going to do an emergency refresh today after Na Fianna’s shambolic exit at the weekend and Salthill can go and do one too.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic adjudication and will be remembered fondly for upcoming renewal with Box Office Industries.

1 Like

The rumours are Malachy O’Rourke has lost patience and the prodigal sons return was a short lived affair. I get the impression your faith in the Maghera men won’t be shaken by this fairly predictable turn of events.

1 Like

What’s he done now?

I was wondering why he was used so sparingly as Glen cruised their way through their first 4 Championship games.

Big upset in the group stages in Kerry tonight as Brendan’s board were absolutely hopped by Na Gaeil who were available at 5/2 before hand.

Brendan’s have a much smaller pick than the other boards but unusually this year they have the Austin Stacks lads, throw in a few from Ardfert, Churchill and John Mitchell’s and it was thought they could go deepish. Considering stacks won it on their own not long ago.

Na Gaeil have three or four Kerry men obviously and apparently Okanobor was back tonight and excellent. Also the Stacks lads were likely drowning their sorrows all week after losing to Fossa last weekend and likely didn’t even so much as meet with the rest of the team until late this week.
So maybe all is not lost yet. But they have Crokes and Dingle in the group too. So all uphill now.

Na Gaeil normally play with Brendans so a double kick in the bollox

It’s funny, be in everyone’s interest for Fossa to go Senior to get them out of East Kerry.

I’d say the Stacks lads couldn’t give a solid fuck about Brendan’s.

Not this week anyway they couldn’t. A poor consolation prize.

For the divisional teams it’s all about getting out of the group and having some time to stitch your team together. Something like 6 of the starters tonight were Stacks. Which considering the week they likely put down and the fact that since they are generally senior they would never have played with the other lads all makes for a bad combo.

There was a question mark all week as to whether the stacks lads would even play. They might have been better off it they didn’t

Scenes

We need a flood lights sports capital grant round

I’d love for some IC league or championship games to be on Thurs/Fri night if within geographical confines.

Once the players are taken care of I’d be all for it

1 Like

You’re at nothing without them at this stage

I’d be totally against Friday night inter county games.

Friday is a night for people to be down at their own club pitch whether for training or a game. The last thing we should be doing is to give people an easy excuse to stay at home watching something on TV.

1 Like