2023 Club Championships

I think until they are beaten, they have so much credit in the bank, they have to be at number 1. It would look ridiculous having them down at number 7 or 8.

Kilkenny looks weak enough that they will still probably win it. In Leinster then they rarely ever lose.

And if by November time it looks like there’s a hint of another clash with Ballygunner on the horizon, you can be sure they’ll have lads flying home from South America/Dubai/Australia and wherever else.

2 Likes

Bookies wise they’d have to be favs I’d say. Win KK and they’ll win Leinster.

Ballygunnar will fancy their chances of the same obviously but there’s a far better chance of them being caught.

They are now available at 11/10 for KK, they were 4/7 at the beginning which suggests their vulnerability. I think they will be beaten in KK.

I’ll probably end up looking like an eejit for saying this but I think Krokes Kilmakud will win the Leinster klub hurling championship this year.

1 Like

Are Naas that good?

At worst they are the 3rd best team in Leinster.

1. Ballyhale
  2. Kilmacud
  3. Naas
  4. KK.

Naas are battle hardened. They won the AI inter a few years back. Hammered Shinrone last year and gave Ballyhale a scare for 40mins. I’d fancy them to overcome any other KK team as they’d be novices at this level

If Ballyhale are KO’d I’m having a bet on Naas for Leinster

1 Like

Would you believe I’ve just heard a Ballyhale stalwart returned from the middle east today.

2 Likes

A big boost alright although Holden is the bigger loss.

I was talking to a pure drole Tullaroan man a few weeks ago who was saying that last year Shane Walsh was at FF for them and all year from the first 5 balls hit into him, he’d score two points, set up a goal and win a free.

Against Ballyhale from the first 5 balls hit into him, JH cleared four of them and broke the other away to Richie Reid to mop up. The story was probably exaggerated slightly, but i nodded along in agreement nonetheless.

Like many, I’m torn on this Dublin Quarter Final tomorrow. Normally, most right minded people would want the Ballymun Kickhams salt to win out over the Kilmacud Crokes* paprika. If Ballymun got going right, they’d be tremendous fun.

But, but, but that would mean that Glen Maghera wouldn’t get a shot at a rematch with Kilmacud Crokes *…

So there is a price to be paid either way…

Crokes will have too much for them

Crokes will piss this.

That’s what I’d be thinking too

That Paraic fella on Twitter was saying the much maligned Robbie Brennan has brought in Bernie Flynn to coach the Kilmacud Crokes* forwards and has them moving well.

Jaysis, i didn’t realise that! Ballymun will win handy. Crokes may not score

3 Likes

If Ballymun get all their main men on the field firstly and then firing, surely they’ve a great chance.

“The narrative” is probably that Ballymun are too old now, but there’s a lot of miles on the clock for some of those Kilmacud Crokes* fellas too - Dias, O’Carroll, Horan and Mannion have been around forever.

Big shock in the first Antrim SFC semi final tonight. A club that got relegated from Div 2 reached the final, Dunloy! They beat Casements of Portglenone by 4 points. There is a good cross over with the hurling team so the remaining teams in the hurling championship are hoping they are a bit distracted by their football exploits this year.

Due to (un)popular demand…

The Official @peddlerscross Club Hurling POWER RANKINGS in association with Box Office Industries - 22/09/2023…

1. Ballyhale Shamrocks
  2. Ballygunner
  3. Slaughtneil
  4. Na Piarsaigh
  5. Dunloy
  6. Kilmacud Crokes*
  7. St.Thomas’s
  8. Naas
  9. Kilmallock
  10. St. Finbarr’s
  11. Na Fianna
  12. Thurles Sarsfields (New Entry)
  13. O’Loughlin Gaels
  14. Loughrea
  15. Loughmore Castleiney
  16. Patrickswell
  17. Tullaroan
  18. Sarsfields (Galway)
  19. Kilcormac Killoughy
  20. Mount Leinster Rangers
5 Likes

If Eire Og get out of Clare they could reach a Munster final

1 Like

Kiladangan are 1/5 to be in a Tipperary county final and will be 50/50 to win that.

They will have Clare champions in the semi final of Munster and for that reason should be in any top 20 list.

Eire Og Ennis, as favourites in Clare also deserve consideration especially if they win this weekend.

1 Like

YES!