2023 Club Championships

Should be a good addition for sure albeit I’m surprised he’d go in as a number 2.

Whatever happened the great Boxty? I used to particularly enjoy his musings regarding Benny the cap :grinning:

Tbf a lot of counties have management teams like this,look at Mayo.Ive no doubt if we don’t do well this year Moran will be cut loose.At least we will have a ready made replacement in situ.

1 Like

The senior Leitrim poster will be back in time.

8 Likes

Fantastic news :clap:

1 Like

This could be the final in all but name tonight @Cheasty

The games Premier Official, Sean Hurson on duty for the biggest Club Football game of the season so far.

1 Like

Why have kilyclogher no number 2?

They retired the jersey after one of their players died late last year.

2 Likes

The champions are 0-7 to 0-4 at the break but Killyclogher have hung in there after being under the cosh for most of that half and will be happy to have reduced the margin from 5 to 3 in the last few minutes of the half. Tee McCann providing solid leadership from centre half back.

Errigal firing out a warning to Ulster.

0-17 to 0-9 FT.

Killyclogher were dogged and the margin was just three points after 58 minutes but the dam burst late on. The champions look in good shape to become the first team to retain the O’Neill Cup since 2005.

1 Like

Errigal have some squad.

The doyen of Ulster GAA journalism Cahair O’Kane reckons they could have almost 80 Adult players of Senior Club Football standard.

They’re pretty much at superclub status. Definitely contenders for Ulster.

1 Like

They bothered Glen for a fair while last year. That was a great game.

Mark Harte as Co Bainisteoir too.

The last time they won ulster it was down to an exceptional talent, if they do it again it’ll be for much the same reason. Tyrone club football is interesting but it’s pretty poor

1 Like

Would winning An Ireland club with his own club not be more of a challenge for Mickey than Derry?

Official @peddlerscross Hurling Power Rankings as of 01/09/2023 in association with Box Office Industries

1. Ballyhale Shamrocks
  2. Ballygunner
  3. Slaughtneil
  4. Na Piarsaigh
  5. Dunloy
  6. Kilmacud Crokes*
  7. St. Thomas’s
  8. Naas
  9. Kilmallock
  10. St. Finbarr’s
  11. O’Loughlin Gaels
  12. Na Fianna
  13. Loughrea
  14. Loughmore Castleiney
  15. Patrickswell
  16. Tullaroan
  17. Sarsfields (Galway)
  18. Kilcormac Killoughy
  19. Ballyea
  20. Mount Leinster Rangers

Will we be waiting for an updated rankings list on Oct 2nd or will we get one sooner? Only one faller off that list since Sept 1st but potentially there could be 7/8 off it by Oct 2nd?

I’ve anecdotally heard that people around the town of Thurles are seriously down about not making the POWER RANKINGS. Morale hasn’t been as low since Billy McCarthy’s last serious injury. Similarly BDE is angrier about not getting his Kildangan on the POWER RANKINGS than he was when getting shafted out of the Kildare job by a camogie manager.

3 Likes

I’d still be very happy with that list from early September. Ballyea falling was unfortunate and one of those things in a 5 team group that got messy.

Thurles Sarsfields were also quite disillusioned that time they didn’t make lapsed Twitter pseudonym Hurler on the Ditch’s ‘Club Hurling Super League’ during Lockdown in early 2021.

As you have requested I will post a refreshed list tonight, and don’t be surprised if you see a bolter from Tipperary make their way onto the list.

The Football will see more significant change.

1 Like

Updated weekly POWER RANKINGS are needed as the evenings shorten.

Any reason for moving Ballyhale back to number 1 @peddlerscross. Are they not well depleted this year, missing a few big guns even though I no they have a very strong panel