2023 Club Championships

They were losing 9-8 and reduced to 14 men with a black card at one stage. Thought an upset could be on the cards. It would have been Box Office. Like Stradbally being relegated in 2017, directly after their 2016 triumph. Although come to think of it I think Stradbally won a relegation final too that time.

1 Like

Like Dunamaggin in days of yore “From Champs to Chumps”

Did Tallow get relegated in Waterford in the mid 80’s the year after winning a senior championship?

The Dublin SHC gets down to business tomorrow with the quarter finals. It is the same 6 teams that made the knockout stages last year but in a different order.

Lucan and St Vincents can look on at the others with their semi final spots secured by virtue of topping their respective round robin groups.

Cuala take on Ballyboden in the first semi final at 2pm. These two clubs have hoovered up 12 of the last 16 county finals. However they remind me of two teams fighting against the dying of the light. Bodens main men are all the wrong side of 30. They are still good hurlers but there is a distinct lack of pace in their team. The loss of Niall Ryan through suspension makes this more pronounced. The Cuala team that won back to back all Irelands has had a lot of surgery. No David Tracey, Schuttes or Cian O Callaghan. However Con is rumoured to be back after the Cuala footballers were knocked out last week.

Na Fianna take on Kilmacud Crokes at 4pm in a repeat of the last two county finals. The Crokes conveyor belt of talent keeps turning and they’ll have about 5 under 21s playing. Ronan Hayes is almost back from his long term injury and they have the luxury of keeping Clare import Colin Crehan on the bench. Liam Rushe returned from his travels and made a cameo for Na Fianna the last day. Donal Burke is out for the year and is a serious loss to them.

Both games are on Dubs TV youtube with the dulcet tones of Oisin Langan and Westmeath manager Joe Fortune on the microphones.

9 Likes

Has Daniel Glynn every got going for Ballyboden St. Endas in the end?

He was a Roscommon Hurler and has a bit of a fall out with the County Board and his Club Board (Padraig Pearses) over his transfer to Ballyboden. He is an unreal hurler but I haven’t seen his name for Ballyboden in the Championship this year.

I’ve seen Boden in a couple of games this year but never came across Glynn. Don’t remember him being named on a match programme even.

He could be with their 2nd team who are having a good year. They got promoted from Div 2 in the league and are still in championship.

He featured in some league games for the first team earlier in the year but seems to be with the 2nd team in the championship alright. As you say, they’re going well with the likes of Matty Weldon, Naoise Maguire, James Roche and Ken Wigglesworth providing useful experience.

Two teams from one club in the same competition is hardly correct is it?

The Tyrone Championship delivers again cc @Cheasty

10 points from the big dog and FOTF Gary Psycho Walsh tonight as Ballylinan return to Senior ranks. Be some Craic in the village this weekend

I thought that was the pretend account. I presume that’s a mistake

It’s the official account alright but who has the controls is another question maybe.

Sure that’s madness. You can’t be doing that lads

Portlaoise had 2 senior teams in the Laois SFC back in the 80s or maybe late 70s.
They met too in a group game and hopped off one another.

Be savage craic if they met alright. But the obvious issue with either team needing a win and the other not is the major problem. You’d imagine they couldn’t be in the same group together at least.

2 Likes

Yeah, a lot of scope for shenanigans.

Some going from the club tbf. Maybe doesn’t say much for the rest of them

1 Like

As far as i no KK second team will remain Senior B. Seir Kieran stay up. Think Tullamore was related to a Junior B Team that time.