2023 Club Championships

Shur Tis practically part of Limerick at this stage

Messy aul game

That Oisin o Donnell was excellent for Clare 20s this year and is brilliant again today.

Crusheen not going away.

And he’s after taking some treatment

Ref is letting them at it. Hard to get a free.

Good contest but standard is poor.

Red rover

It’s like the way hurling was before Limerick ruined it

3 Likes

Some effort by the other corner back to get back and hook that

1 Like

Clonlara keeping the tradition of the chubby goalkeeper going.

Fair play to Crusheen giving the lads 20 seconds

What game was this lad watching?

Hon Clon!

Enjoy @the_puke, Tricias be hopping for the next few days. John Conlan deserved more than one county title, as did that club. Mighty scenes.

2 Likes

Lohan has treated both the galvins disgracefully

Tullamore Vs Summerhill
Eek
Ref assaulted at the end.
Controversy all round.

It’s the best time of the year. Big big ban coming

Incredible to think he’s the only link

2 Likes

As an aside, the commentators are outstanding on clubber.
The tullamore game, Summerhill were 2 points up about half an hour into injury time. Umpire called a foul in the box, ref awards a penalty to tullamore. The two commentators gave it socks that it was a controversial decision, and the ref shouldn’t be giving a penalty if he wasn’t sure. The linesman intervenes, and obviously tells the referee it was outside. The referee changes his decision to a free. Pandemonium on the pitch, with 14 Summerhill lads on the line, and 14 tullamore lads berating the ref.
Commentary switches to how disgraceful it is that it’s now not a penalty.
Goal doesn’t ensue and Summerhill win. Commentary continues to abuse the referee as he tries to get off the pitch. Linesman is nowhere to be seen,and the stewards arrive late, just in time to allow the referee to be shoved or struck from behind by a perpetrator clearly identifiable on telly who is ushered off by a lady, possibly his GF sister or mother. The tullamore manager appears to give him a pat on the back before proceeding to scream abuse at the ref who by now is surrounded by 4 stewards and about 20 people baying for his blood.
It was, frankly, disgraceful to be honest. If the linesman said it was outside the square, what can the ref do? You couldn’t see the lines on telly…
I’ve come to the conclusion even more that you’d be mad to referee. I felt desperately sorry for him.
Making an example of someone is no justice, but at some point the GAA is unfortunately going to have to do just this.
The commentators then pivot again after the assault to the opinion that the ref was hard done by.

5 Likes

Worthwhile watching the Nire game for the commentary alone.

Much maligned Conor Ferris dropped for Crokes Kilmacud.

I quite cocky anf arrogant interview by Boden manager Kenny Norton.

Looking forward to this now

1 Like

Yeah I thought it was fairly cocky from him too. Saying they had no test so far in the championship

1 Like