2023 Club Championships

:astonished::astonished: I’m mortified. Sorry Laois Today.

I was happy to let it slide until I saw you make it personal with Laois Today. It takes a big man to put his hands up like you have there

1 Like

I lost my glasses this morning and though I subsequently found them I’ve been off kilter since.

2 Likes

:wink:

I thought the same when i read it last night until i figured it out. Hence the deleted post further up :shushing_face:

1 Like

I was talking to a very prominent member of the Ballygunner Hurling Club last week and he was saying its been a bit of a messy break this year between lads playing Football with Gaultier, lads on Holidays and a very important member of the first 15 having a Stag, Wedding and Honeymoon since the County Final.

Things only starting to come together for Munster Club in the last 10 days or so since the MLR game on the BOICMC. Luckily for them its only the Cork Champions up first at home.

BG would be quite fortunate to have a very deep panel and would be able to have some better internal games than what could be provided by the cannon fodder from Wexford on the BOICMC these days.

MLR at least have pedigree.

2 Likes

Ballygunner and Sars have played each other a few times in challenges in recent years.
Sars will have the pace to trouble Ballygunner if they are given any space.

Cusack Park looks in some nick for this time of year.

1 Like

Clonlara are after missing some goal chances already,

They’ll sure put up a better performance than Kilruane McDonaghs did last year.

1 Like

That was coming

They should beat Crusheen by 10 points

I think VAR should have a look at that goal

Derrick Lynch tweet incoming

Last year Ballygunner played Ferns and St Mullins and hammered both and the chat was that there wasn’t much really gained from it.

The played Mount Leinster Rangers last Tuesday or Wednesday night week. That was a decent enough run out from the accounts that I heard. Ballygunner won by 8 or 9 but there were two latish goals right at the end.

They played James Stephens the Wednesday night before the All Ireland Final back in mid July. My young fellow was part of a visiting underage team that night in Ballygunner beforehand so I stayed and watched the first half. Didn’t think the Village looked up to much that night so I wasn’t too surprised by the scale of the hammering they got from Ballyhale last week. Strange seeing Brian Cody on the line slumming it out on the Club Challenge Circuit just a few nights before Kilkenny were out in the All Ireland Final.

4 Likes

What age is the big lad in midfield for Clonlara?

Clonlara sponsored by Treaty Fireplaces :man_shrugging:t5:

Ah Crusheen are brutal

21 - made the match day panel for a couple of the senior Munster round round in 2022 after standing out for the under 20s.

1 Like

Both teams have hit some horrendous wides but Clonlara have converted 2 goals from 4 shots, Crusheen haven’t threatened a goal.

Thurles Sarsfields or Kiladangan won’t be shaking in their boots looking at Clonlara. They have nice inside forwards if they get good ball, Galvin is obviously a constant danger at this level.