2023 Club Championships

I assume he is somewhere in SOCO - he is an actuary

Ah grand so. You’d be alright with Crokes picking up lads like that.

1 Like

Big loss to them so.

Be an intriguing club hurling championship if someone could take Ballygunner out. Are some of their big guns ageing a bit? Hutchinson and Fitzgerald are some combination up front.

I’d be expecting him to make a big impact. Wouldn’t be there otherwise with his knowledge of probabilities.

1 Like

What’s his PPS no

1 Like

Surprised Shane Sullivan is still there and Ian Kenny is in Australia but expected home for the serious business.

No one will lay a glove on them in Munster. They have a point to prove after last year and can become the first team to do three in a row in Munster.

Crokes have a decent set of forwards. Whitely, Hayes, Purcell and Considine all played SIC this year. Conway and O Rourke played it previously. They also had a few forwards on the Dublin 20s this year and last who are decent also. No guarantee of being a starter there.

1 Like

Na Pairsaigh will sure give them a game. Didn’t Loughmore give them plenty of it 2 years ago. Loughmore should put away the footballs, could seriously rattle a Munster club.

Na Piarsaigh had everything in their favour last year and fell away timidly enough for a finish.

Loughmore gave a great account of themselves that day but their best chance of adding to their 2007 Munster Club was in 2013 when they totally dominated Na Piarsaigh but had two men sent off again. (Their disciplinary record outside of Tipp in both codes is really bad)

I think they will regret the 2015-2019 period when they couldn’t get past the Hurling Quarter Finals in Tipp when John, Noel and Liam McGrath along with John Meagher were all at their peak age wise.

They would definitely be Tipp’s best representatives in Munster if they got the chance.

Is the affable Kieran Dowling still in charge of Kilmacud Crokes*?

Will Kilruane have Craig Morgan back for this championship? He was a big loss for them last year albeit they won.

I’ll have egg on my face if he in fact is not from Kilruane but from the top of my head I think he is

He is Kilruane and will be back.

On the other hand Kilruane have lost a few lads to Australia this year so I dont think they’ll retain it.

Kildangan the team to beat but they are in a shocker of a group with Thurles, Borrisilieigh and Clonoulty.

I think they will win Tipperary this year; a lot of injuries last year including John McGrath and the two Connollys; John Meagher is gone to Australia but you can guarantee he will be back come the business end

Is there a bit of turmoil in Borrisoleigh? Did they get rid of a coach earlier in the year?

They cut Martin Fogarty ex KK loose, after he spent training after training focusing on Hooking and Blocking drills with 37 inch hurley’s.

Didn’t suit the Borris mindset.

Bevans expected to become coach now. Philip Maher is manager.

2 Likes

You’d imagine they will be lacking the pace to play a style of game that Bevans would want to implement. Jerry Kelly, Brendan Maher, the two Kennys would hardly be speed merchants

I’m fairly sure he is.

1 Like

He was there last year too with Shane O’Neill and John Fitzgerald from Na Piarsaigh but I’m not sure how much influence he had. Anyway they had a bad year.

They need to go back to Johnny Kelly. He had them purring playing long ball on top of the two Kenny’s/Jerry Kelly with JD Devanney and Kevin Maher coming onto breaks.

Ballinkillen beat Myshall 0-16 to 0-9 tonight so that should see them make semi finals. They were depleted enough against St Mullins last week, missing Ciaran and Sean Whelan, Marty Dalton and Sean Murphy for starters. It’s still hard to see past the Big Two, but Ballinkillen are dangerous on their day. Ballinkillen left it behind them last year, contrived to lose a semi final to St Mullins by 1 point that they were much the better team in with Bagenalstown awaiting in a final.