2023 Club Championships

Breathnach played with Vincent’s I think. Married one of Miriam O’Callaghan’s daughters. Both barristers.

1 Like

Jack McCarron gets his senior championship medal.

Scotstown v Kilcoo will be an epic.

1 Like

There was a Day fella who played midfield for Na Fianna last year. Not sure from what part of Galway he was from.

2 Likes

That’s one I forgot. He’s actually from Inishbofin. No club there though so he played for Headford.

2 Likes

Crossmaglen v Errigal likewise.

This could well be the finest Ulster Club Championship of them all.

I’ll put the combined red card line at 5.5 across both games.

1 Like

Winners of those two games play each other then in the Semi Final.

Scotstown looked a busted flush when Glen obliterated them two years ago, but with their Monaghan players are going well and the addition of McCarrron must be a huge plus.

My auld lad was up visiting & turned on the game. I wasn’t paying much attention but I thought to myself at one stage…jaysus that ref is the spit of Dave Feeney that runs for Raheny Shamrock. Was the ref the same Dave Feeney so? Or maybe a brother? Uncanny.

I’d say it’s the same - keeps himself in good nick. Took a few training sessions for our club maybe 11 years ago now and was very athletic based.

1 Like

No he would have been too young I’d say

Same fella I’d say. Dave “Badger “ Feeney played wing back for parnells in late 80s early 90s,think he won a few Dublin championships . Ex army man I think

2 Likes

That’s the man so.

What did he say ?

Fyp.

He went on about the poor standard of the Dublin championship and how the games were too easy. He said they were travelling to Galway to get competitive challenge games.

1 Like

It must be said Glenties in Donegal are some club.

When are the POWER RANKINGS being renewed?

Looks like another Rosenborg situation developing in Tipp Club football

Had a good conversation with a few lads from a neighbouring Donegal parish last weekend.

The Glenties are new fish in Donegal club football terms only coming to prominence in the last twenty years but they’ve went all in on it. Unlike other Donegal clubs they’ve managed to keep lads around, many of whom haven’t had much in the way of work but doing it for the championships.

They play some turgid stuff but have to be admired to a degree.

2 Likes

How long until Rosenberg situation makes it to OTB?

1 Like