2023 Summer Transfer Window

Yeah, he should walk away taking a hug epaycut from the contract they gave him. He was very well got leaving Leicester, loads of places he could have gone.

Iā€™d say he must be fuming at his advisors for directing him to united.

The move has legitimately ruined his career. I know some of the International games are handy, but he was fine with England with better lads around him. Arsenal are after losing the Dutch lad they bought, I wonder would Arteta take him. Arsenal have pace to burn at the back. Jose would take him at Roma but they have no money.

Or would the United manager cut his cloth, drop one of his useless wingers and play 3 at the back.

Is Duncan Castles still on the go?

Heā€™s done at united. Heā€™s become a figure of ridicule

Needs to get out alright

Is there any English defender who has signed for Manchester United in the last 12 years and not become a figure of ridicule?

Phil Jones became a meme.
Harry Maguire has become a meme.
Luke Shaw snapped his leg in two and became Pie Man.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka became ā€œWampusā€ (Ā© Roy Keane).

It didnā€™t stop with the English lads.

Matteo Darmian (I keep thinking his name is Massimo Taibbi) is the guy who couldnā€™t boil an egg.
This Lisandro Lopez fella is a midget meme.
Victor Lindelof was Victor Losealot.

Where careers go to die.

1 Like

Shaw is a legend and has been one of our best players over the last 5 years. Heā€™s thrived for england too.
Wan bissaka still plays. Hes solid enough at right back but not good enough going forward.
Martinez is a legend and won the world cup. Seems like a poorly thought out post based on initial feelings on jones and maguire.

1 Like

Standards have certainly dropped a long way if Shaw is considered a Manchester United legend.

1 Like

Mourinho singled Shaw out and made him a figure of ridicule out of nothing but spite. Shaw has since on gone on to be a terrific player for both United and England.

I think there was even some lash back against Mourinho at the time from ex-pros given Shaws injury history.

Certainly not a meme

He got a wicked bad ankle break.

Himself and Memphis depay linked up excellently for a few games before he snapped his ankle. Missed the rest of the season and depay lost the plot.

Marcos Rojo and Eric Bailly surely deserve a mention there too.

Wan Bissaka has improved beyond all recognition under Ten Hag. Unitedā€™s best outfield player last night (albeit he didnā€™t have much competition).

1 Like

I thought AWBs ball for the goal last night was very good. Donā€™t write him off yet

Rojo had his issues making toast if I remember correctly.

1 Like

He has improved significantly alright. Looked very good last night.

Wasnā€™t he dropped after they lost to the Saudis in the 1st game?

Horseshit. He was a great player at Palace and united nearly fucking destroyed him. More lies.

Olise to Chelsea. Very difficult to compete with the likes of Chelsea and united in the transfer market nowadays.